JonathanTaylor

Park Ranger

So i was sat here thinking of jobs that id like my character to do if i get bored of my current job and park ranger came to mind.

We know that there will be hunting and forested areas so id like to know if the devs have any plans of including park rangers in the game.

I can think of a few jobs that will be involved with this career but the main one being cutting down on illegal hunting. 

Im guessing, just like real life, you will need a licence to hunt. This may cause some people to not bother with getting their licence and hunting illegally which will mean that there will have to be someone to stop them. Now i know that there are coppers to stop crime but i think it will be more immersive to include rangers only in the forested areas. Not sheriffs, not cops but rangers and again only in forested areas or maybe include national parks or certain areas where hunting is illegal overall.

Ive been blabbering on but id like to see this in game as i would like to see my character as a park ranger after his time as a street racer.

P.S something i forgot to mention is that the rangers can also work alongside the fire and rescue teams that work in the forested areas to put out forest fires.

Edited by Herzog
  • Like 4

The way we plan to handle something like this, is to offer a park ranger spawn location for police officers in Identity, somewhere remote, and out in the woods. When they spawn, they will by default, be wearing park ranger clothing, and have access to park ranger vehicles. If they really wanted too, they could take this gear and drive all the way to the city and do their normal patrol in park ranger assets, but the important thing to note is that the two roles are merged into the law enforcement career for easier access.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Motown said:

The way we plan to handle something like this, is to offer a park ranger spawn location for police officers in Identity, somewhere remote, and out in the woods. When they spawn, they will by default, be wearing park ranger clothing, and have access to park ranger vehicles. If they really wanted too, they could take this gear and drive all the way to the city and do their normal patrol in park ranger assets, but the important thing to note is that the two roles are merged into the law enforcement career for easier access.

Thank you for your response Motown. 

My question now is if I play a life of crime and say I want to now be a copper. Am I able to become a copper or does the fact that I used to be into crime affect that?

i think everyone should have a rap sheet of sorts and if you get busted for crimes they should apply to your rap sheet and thus make do gooder jobs harder to get into, but if your a really good criminal and never get caught then it shouldn't affect do gooder jobs. also should be able to clear your rap sheet at a significant cost though.

On 4/7/2016 at 10:16 AM, Motown said:

Could we not also make this part of lets say a National Guard force is there is going to be one? Or create a Fish and Game agency and have the Rangers be part of that? Just an idea :)