Boumu

How real will clothing be?

So far I know that there will be many combinations of clothing and some players will be able to submit their own designs into the game; but how much detail will be put into the clothing, will there be waist size customization, material/fabric changing, what about wearing tucked in, half tucked, not tucked at all?  Maybe even having dirt cover your black shoes after doing yard work or hiking? (and not just covered in dirt for 20s but actually on the clothing until it is washed.)

When I think about clothing in MMO's or Open World games it's a very simple mechanic:

Long Tee 1

Long Tee 2

Short Sleeve 1

Short Sleeve 2

and so on.

Image for reference, notice how the shadows, creases in the shirt and shape of the shirts are all completely identical but the shirt is just textured differently.

8cdb42b24fdc7ecd328d53bd509a4fd2.png

Will Identity be like this? Where there is just a basic model for clothing and then it just being retextured dozens of times?

What about the layers of clothing, will we be able to have a short sleeve under a long tee and wear both at the same time?  Will we be able to customize whether the suspenders go on the shoulders or hang around the hips?  What about being able to take off a flannel and tie it around your hips?

Sorry for the brigade of questions, just curious about the clothing system :) 

Edited by Xentinel
  • Like 1

I like the idea of clothes getting dirty over time. As my character in a mechanic I want his clothes to become dirty at work. Not just stay pristine the whole time 

• Like 3