Owl

Customizable cars

We should make it possible for players to own companies that make cars, or make our own companies that make cars. With that, said companies should be able to make their own cars. How 'bout it?

Owl

That should be possible to do. The easiest way would be to make car parts that fit together with many other parts, so that you could mix and match them.

• ver.1.22474487139 1

12 hours ago, Owl said:

We should make it possible for players to own companies that make cars, or make our own companies that make cars. With that, said companies should be able to make their own cars. How 'bout it?

Owl

There will only be pre-made cars done by the developers. It would be a nice feature indeed but it wouldn't be in the budget they have right now. 

Also the car dealerships are AI controlled and not player owned!

• Like 1

I had a similar idea, but not custom cars. My idea was new and used car dealerships/auctions. 

New car dealerships: 

limited amount of certain cars per server. That way you don't see the same cars everywhere. Also raising resale value of rare ones (creates demand). New car dealers need a dealer license which gives them access to purchase stock. I have a lot more ideas, but want to keep this short.

Used car dealerships:

Used car dealers will also need a license, but get their stock from buying player owned vehicles.

Auctions:

Damaged cars that players don't care to fix. You try to buy them as cheap as possible, repair them and sell for a profit (car flipping) Not sure if it's already in the game, but would be nice to, at the very least, have a craigslist type web page to sell your unwanted vehicles.

With all those features it would also be nice to odometers and clean/branded titles. Doubt there will be anything like this, but would be cool.  

Problem with that is it's more of customizing a vehicle and selling that configuration. The car won't be truly unique, because there will have to be groups of parts compatible with each other. So if another player chose the same part group you will see other brands sharing the same look. Cool idea, but too complicated. Only saw one game like that, but don't remember what it's called. I personally would love to have this feature regardless. I draw cars and have fun sketching my own designs.