iiMStevo

Career/Job: Computer Hacker

I haven't seen this referenced if it's already included, but due to the vast amount of electronic hardware available (or will be available) in the game, I had a system on my Altis Life server that created a career path for "Computer Hackers".

These players could be paid sums of money to trace player locations, erase evidence from police systems, attain bank account information from bank systems, and basically interact with many themed electronic devices on my server.

This greatly changed the dynamic in how players had to play, either for better or worse.

For example, players that wanted to play by the law often got annoyed that they'd have to pay insurance premiums to protect their bank accounts from theft, due to hackers. The hackers on the other hand would have access to a single-use access of another player's bank account, so they could withdraw any amount of their money (or deposit money if they wanted to be charitable).

A career profession in this game as a Hacker could open up more possibilities (I've seen that people are complaining that too many players would just become an assassin) and it offers alternatives. A Hacker might not necessarily be a bad player, they may be called upon by Law Enforcement to try spy on criminals for them, or obtain their whereabouts, or be used to obtain more evidence for a conviction.

EDIT: searched the wrong thing... found it's already been suggested and isn't in the plans :(

This can be closed.

Edited by iiMStevo

It's a shame... hopefully the developers would consider it for a future addition to the game, as it could add a lot of dynamic options to what already exists.

I could imagine that some troll takes a whole of people's money in the single server like, let's say, I am a troll, right? So I take all of the people's money and they cannot afford to buy something. It would be completely unfair to actually play on the server with troll hacker takes all of your money for no reason.

Edited by TraxxasBoy520

6 minutes ago, TraxxasBoy520 said:

I could imagine that some troll takes a whole of people's money in the single server like, let's say, I am a troll, right? So I take all of the people's money and they cannot afford to buy something. It would be completely unfair to actually play on the server with troll hacker takes all of your money for no reason.

Especially since robberies are already a thing

On 28/09/2017 at 2:23 PM, iiMStevo said:

EDIT: searched the wrong thing... found it's already been suggested and isn't in the plans :(

This can be closed.

:) Thank you, for helping to keep the forum from getting cluttered!