Honeybadger

The Neighborhood - Recruiting!

This is a very interesting idea, especially the amount of detail. Though reading through it, I am wondering to what extent this will be a successful concept? If you have about half of a server population gathered in this one super organisation, why would anyone else still want to play on the server?

I mean, your plan is to control everything. So what would be in it for the other half of the server population? They won't be able to go into any key positions of the server (company executives, ministers, head of police, crime bosses, etc.). My guess is that they would leave the server and go for one that does not have such a huge organisations that run the server and still offers them career opportunities. This leaves the server with only people of your own organisation which gives rise to a new set of problems. For example, the fact that criminal organisations now have to, either rob people of the very own organisation they belong to, or just simply stop existing.

@Rew_Mceo I mean, everything is a bit of an exaggeration i think. We will have our hands in what we consider to be the most profitable businesses, but I'm sure a few will slip under our radar. The reality is that everyday average players won't know of our conglomerate until its too late, and even most people here outside of our organization may not know what server we plan on joining. If our organization takes months to build and fully establish, it wouldn't be very satisfying for players on our server to consider starting over on a different one. At which point they're forced to adapt to the environment - with that said it's my understanding there are 3 "towns" - we only plan on inhabiting one of them and secluding ourselves within it. The other two towns will still be occupied and full of business from the rest of the community - it just likely won't be in our town at the expense of it being run out. If our criminal organization has run every other criminal organization out of our server, well I don't really see that as a bad thing. They win - and while I do feel like there will always be room for criminal activity - a life without it is equally as pleasant. The Luprano Family that we work with are keen on business, and as long as they're making money with us - committing crimes would only be for the simple enjoyment of it. 

Edited by Honeybadger
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Honeybadger said:

The reality is that everyday average players won't know of our conglomerate until its too late, and even most people here outside of our organization may not know what server we plan on joining. 

Well, that sounds more realistic and interesting. I'm looking forward to see how your plans will work out. Thank you for your answer.

1) 17

2) Singapore

3) 7 years

4) Undecided 

5) PvE

6) 26 hours per week

6) Who doesn't want to start earning money when the game comes out

6 hours ago, Herman122 said:

1) 17

2) Singapore

3) 7 years

4) Undecided 

5) PvE

6) 26 hours per week

6) Who doesn't want to start earning money when the game comes out

Glad to hear it! I'll add you to the roster shortly. Keep in mind that in order to make money, you'll need to actively participate in the system we've created / are creating. We don't just, hand out the money. :P

Hello,
This is Mr. Crowley with the Fair Market Merchant's Bureau. This is an open letter to the organizer(s) of "The Neighborhood".

The FMMB will NOT tolerate crime syndicates manipulating ANY legal financial market. I implore you to seek legal means of merchant status and immediately cease any and all illegal activities associated with a legal market business.

Failure to comply with this request may result in the downgrade of your FMMB rating and/or the termination of your legal market business per the current governing body. Thank you for your time and we hope to see you reconsider your path of illicit activities and join the legal side of fair marketing.

-Mr. Crowley President of Fair Market Merchant Bureau

On 1/14/2017 at 8:14 PM, Short said:

1) Age? : 14 years old.

2) Location? : U.S.A

3) How long have you been gaming? : I have been playing video games since 7 on my NES. xD I loved that thing. Now I play Arma 3 and wait for amazing games like Identity to come out.

4) Which role do you currently prefer? (Undecided is fine) : I want to be part of the private military if that's ok.

5) PvE, PvP, or Hybrid? : PvP

6) How many hours per week do you plan on playing? 50+ hours.

7) What is the reason why you want to join? : This game seems really fun and when it comes out I want to be able to enjoy play it. When this big group you are creating hopefully will help me make new friends and have more fun playing the game.

Glad you're interested in joining! Private military will be fun, but you'll probably want another job since private military work will only be certain times or events. There's another guy @Qlight123 who is your age that runs a transport company, perhaps you could be one of our truck drivers and work with him. Having an armed driver would benefit our trade routes a lot, or you could just simply provide security for our transports.

• Like 1

On 1/14/2017 at 2:20 PM, Xilvius said:

Hello,
This is Mr. Crowley with the Fair Market Merchant's Bureau. This is an open letter to the organizer(s) of "The Neighborhood".

The FMMB will NOT tolerate crime syndicates manipulating ANY legal financial market. I implore you to seek legal means of merchant status and immediately cease any and all illegal activities associated with a legal market business.

Failure to comply with this request may result in the downgrade of your FMMB rating and/or the termination of your legal market business per the current governing body. Thank you for your time and we hope to see you reconsider your path of illicit activities and join the legal side of fair marketing.

You're funny. Bring it on. :)

• Like 4

On 1/14/2017 at 3:20 PM, Xilvius said:

Hello,

A conglomerate is not a unfair business practice, have you ever heard of Warren Buffet, he owns a company called Berskshire Hathaway, He is a billionaire and one of the richest men in the country. I implore you to do your research before posting about about the regulations and co-ordination of businesses if you really plan on being a regulatory agency.

13 minutes ago, Fakeout said:

A conglomerate is not a unfair business practice, have you ever heard of Warren Buffet, he owns a company called Berskshire Hathaway, He is a billionaire and one of the richest men in the country. I implore you to do your research before posting about about the regulations and co-ordination of businesses if you really plan on being a regulatory agency.

He's referring to Brett partnering up with us.

5 hours ago, Honeybadger said:
5 minutes ago, Fakeout said:

You're funny. Bring it on. :)

Conglomeration is well within the legal policies of the FMMB. However, Conglomerations that are dealing with illicit or illegal goods and services are not within legal bounds of protection.

I.E. If your legal store selling legal goods is proven to be laundering money, assisting crime syndicates, dealing on black market, then you will be subject to the full legal consequences of your illegal affiliations. 

21 minutes ago, Xilvius said:

Conglomeration is well within the legal policies of the FMMB. However, Conglomerations that are dealing with illicit or illegal goods and services are not within legal bounds of protection.

I.E. If your legal store selling legal goods is proven to be laundering money, assisting crime syndicates, dealing on black market, then you will be subject to the full legal consequences of your illegal affiliations. 

I look forward to your "attempts" to prove anything. As far as our Mafia is concerned, who are you to accuse them of being an illegal affiliation? That's quite the "guilty before proven innocent" mentality you got there, doesn't seem very fair. My organization provides the economy with jobs, we do not discriminate on criminal backgrounds nor care what they do in their personal time. If a member of my organization is operating outside of my scope, there's simply nothing I can do about it - You're just going to have to take it up with that person on an individual basis. Our intent is to be peaceful, however - with that being said, I don't recommend you give us your home address anytime soon. :)

• Like 2

First off you are a self proclaimed business regulation bureau that has no legitimate jurisdiction over any business. Therefore, for the sake of identity's roleplaying community lets say we give you the authority to regulate us, @Honeybadger is correct you are approaching our conglomerate with a "guilty before proven innocent mentality" before you have any factual evidence of said crimes or illegal activity. Just because a Mafia is partnered with this conglomerate that is no proof that they are currently and actively participating in illegal crimes. Instead of coming to businesses with cease and desist letters, I would take a different approach, because if we don't comply with your letters what is going to stop us from continue what we are doing. You could use force, but we would just use it back.

• Like 1

*Mafia walks into a restaurant.*

"Why are you running an illegal business?"

"What do you mean?"

"You took their order, so you're obviously doing something illegal."

Just because you see something doesn't mean it's true. Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear. Because when you assume you make an ass out of you and me.

4 minutes ago, Honeybadger said:

I look forward to your "attempts" to prove anything. As far as our Mafia is concerned, who are you to accuse them of being an illegal affiliation? That's quite the "guilty before proven innocent" mentality you got there, doesn't seem very fair. My organization provides the economy with jobs, we do not discriminate on criminal backgrounds nor care what they do in their personal time. If a member of my organization is operating outside of my scope, there's simply nothing I can do about it - You're just going to have to take it up with that person on an individual basis. Our intent is to be peaceful, however - with that being said, I don't recommend you give us your home address anytime soon. :)

Please forgive any misunderstandings. Our Bureau is a Fair and Cooperative organization that seeks the betterment of all merchants and consumers. We merely wish to set example and reminder that criminal activity and affiliation will not be tolerated.

We hope to see you on the legal side of markets.

@Xilvius I enjoy the roleplay banter and all, but throwing around that card will make you a lot more enemies than friends in an environment like this. You're basically asking large businesses and deep pocket investors to put bounties on your head until you rage quit the game. The only thing stopping people from doing this in real life is the real consequences aspect of it - here, if you look at someone funny they're just gonna pop you in the face. I'm curious how you plan to obtain that kind of authority over businesses and what exactly your plan would be to shut it down? You'd need an entire police force that jumps at your every command, a full team of politicians that support you, and most likely the governor as your puppet. All things you're unlikely to accomplish if server majority is against you. Care to elaborate on your plans for your Bureau?

5 minutes ago, Honeybadger said:

@Xilvius I enjoy the roleplay banter and all, but throwing around that card will make you a lot more enemies than friends in an environment like this. You're basically asking large businesses and deep pocket investors to put bounties on your head until you rage quit the game. The only thing stopping people from doing this in real life is the real consequences aspect of it - here, if you look at someone funny they're just gonna pop you in the face. I'm curious how you plan to obtain that kind of authority over businesses and what exactly your plan would be to shut it down? You'd need an entire police force that jumps at your every command, a full team of politicians that support you, and most likely the governor as your puppet. All things you're unlikely to accomplish if server majority is against you. Care to elaborate on your plans for your Bureau?

Do you honestly believe your entire consumer base are going to be criminals? Do you think people are going to feel safe attempting to purchase their goods from companies that fund the same criminals that are "popping you in the face for looking at them funny"?

The only authority our Bureau requires to operate is the requirement from the public consumers for fair prices. Something that will always be there.

The FMMB will not be intimidated by rag-tag, would-be thugs that seek to gain economic and financial superiority through illegal and manipulative ways.

As long as your organization also seeks a fair and balanced legal market, then I am more than certain our polices can coincide peacefully. Our means of disrupting income flow and resource gain is Trade Secret and part of what makes the FMMB what it is. We will gladly inform you, however, that our foundation is actively seeking governmental backing to enforce our policies, and is currently working hand in hand with few businesses and political platforms to assure everyone is making a profit and retaining fair, affordable prices.

We do not require corrupt politicians, as our policies are not corrupt in nature. It is only the corrupt that would be resistant of fair regulation for the consumer.

39 minutes ago, GeneSmith said:

*Mafia walks into a restaurant.*

"Why are you running an illegal business?"

"What do you mean?"

"You took their order, so you're obviously doing something illegal."

Just because you see something doesn't mean it's true. Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear. Because when you assume you make an ass out of you and me.

Allow me to explain affiliations with known criminal organizations.
This would include offering core services to criminal organizations(like helping them transport felons, illegal goods), using your business to launder money gained from illegal goods or services.

We will not shut down your food store for selling food to a felon, but we will shut down your food store for storing illegal merchandise, or selling illegal merchandise.

Of course, just like any other regulatory institution we would be required to amass irrefutable proof of illegal operations before pursuing any legal actions against any particular business.

4 minutes ago, Xilvius said:

Do you honestly believe your entire consumer base are going to be criminals? Do you think people are going to feel safe attempting to purchase their goods from companies that fund the same criminals that are "popping you in the face for looking at them funny"?

The only authority our Bureau requires to operate is the requirement from the public consumers for fair prices. Something that will always be there.

The FMMB will not be intimidated by rag-tag, would-be thugs that seek to gain economic and financial superiority through illegal and manipulative ways.

As long as your organization also seeks a fair and balanced legal market, then I am more than certain our polices can coincide peacefully. Our means of disrupting income flow and resource gain is Trade Secret and part of what makes the FMMB what it is. We will gladly inform you, however, that our foundation is actively seeking governmental backing to enforce our policies, and is currently working hand in hand with few businesses and political platforms to assure everyone is making a profit and retaining fair, affordable prices.

We do not require corrupt politicians, as our policies are not corrupt in nature. It is only the corrupt that would be resistant of fair regulation for the consumer.

The consumer base is not what you need to be worried about, the consumer base is predominately ignorant to what goes on behind the scenes. If you threaten a company for what the owner of that company is doing, you inherently threaten the jobs of everyone working there and the profit of everyone who's invested in it. Most people also won't care about what companies affiliate themselves with, they probably won't even know. They're not going to associate Honeybadger the face-puncher with, Best Guns Ever Shop. They're going to associate the best guns shop with the best place to get guns, because they want the best guns and could probably give no care about who runs it. And they're going to associate Honeybadger with run away if you like your face. It's not the rag-tag, would-be thugs that you need to concern yourself with, it's the people who have enough money to pay those rag-tag would-be's to dedicate their lives to making yours hell that's going to be the problem. I enjoy your proposal, but it hinges on way too many specific things that have to happen in a particular order and quite frankly provide you with very few options - someone denies you, what are you gonna do? You have to use force, you're not gonna win a force war with an organization twice your size. The other variable is time, an organization like yours cant be formed until there's a massive marketplace established - something that could take almost a year or more to develop from the launch of the game. The very first business owner you accuse on a 300 player wide server is going to spread that around to his "illegal" associates all across the map and give them your name. At that point, you just stunted your growth by quite a bit because you're going to be getting killed and mugged constantly. Probably killing your dream before it ever becomes a reality simply due to lack of funding. Having power and authority like that is going to require a lot of money, and a lot of firepower.

We dont need to use physical force. If you are charging more for your legal good and services than what the Bureau regulates is fair, there will be another business selling the same goods that we are already affiliated with that are selling them for a fair price.

People will know they are selling them for a fair price because we have professionally checked their prices against the fair market using our business model.

In short, if you have higher price than what is rightfully fair, we will find someone else to sell it for a cheaper, fairer price; And provide a place for consumers to know where the best deals are at.

If you are unconcerned with the influential power of liquid markets, then by all means continue to manipulate your prices above what is fair.

Perhaps you are even totally correct, and our corporation will fail in its endeavors to stabilize a healthy economy for everyone, however we will retain the belief that consumers have the right to affordable fair prices with a reasonable margin of profit for the merchant.