Sign in to follow this  
xfinityprime

Counterfeit Money

Ok so for a long time we have been told you can do almost anything in the game you want or set your mind too starting your own shop robbing banks finding love you know just about anything. Here is my question if someone wanted to take crime to a whole new level would there be items in game that can be obtained to due so, Like Counterfeit Money. I noticed on the bill looks like it has water marks where it says Identity and if that's so why would you need to include such a feature.DbFnqGoVwAAH-Bs.jpg:large

Yes I know I left this topic very open with my wording lol, Would love to see what comes of this.

Edited by xfinityprime

You have to think; how would counterfeit money serve the game?
With your description it would be in your inventory as "Counterfeit money"... so when you pay someone it, either A: it would just go straight into their bank and become valid money (or be rejected by the bank, and the player would be like "Ok, so pay me actual money this time")... or B: it would enter their inventory as "Counterfeit money" and therefore lose it's purpose instantly since the player would see their actual balance hasn't increased and they now have "Counterfeit money" in their inventory...

The only possible way I could see this serving any purpose at all would be with the following;
1. It simply adds value to your cash wallet and isn't classed as an additional item but something like a "hidden item".
2. Once a player tries to deposit the funds in the bank, the money gets flagged, they lose the money, and end up being wanted for counterfeiting (whether the player created the money or not is irrelevant, since they tried to deposit it in a bank).
3. Certain shops have the ability to test for counterfeit money, and refuse you access to buying goods until you have no counterfeit notes.
4. Players have no way to detect counterfeit money until they either go into the shop, or bank, (otherwise counterfeit money would again serve no purpose since players would just naturally check all funds coming into them after the first time they get scammed).
5. It should cost around 80% of face value to produce the counterfeit money, so it isn't manipulated (Imagine someone making 30,000,000 in counterfeit and it costing next to nothing to do so? They'd flood the server with counterfeits and no players would be able to do anything about it until that player gets caught for counterfeiting - it'd run the whole market into the ground since everyone would have given the counterfeit player all their items and products for free).

Ultimately though, you have to think of the bigger picture... say all of the above was implemented, how often would the counterfeit system be used, and how effective would it actually be? It'd be a fair bit of coding to establish it, and would the effort put in justify the return?
While it sounds a unique idea, and there's room for expansion on it (levels of counterfeit quality, and chance of it being detected in shops etc), aside from itself being a "money cheat" in a sense, it could cause more problems in the game than it would create viable scenarios.

Edited by iiMStevo

It's a great idea.  The only problem is not getting it done through the development aspect of it, But the issue of 98% of player base doing it.  It would become a fake money fest very quickly since people would do everything they can to cheat and jump through few bars over to have a gain.  However...this all can be solved by harsh punishment if cough.  Back in the day i had this idea on how to stop 99% of player base playing criminals on life mods..Introduce capital punishment for criminals, multiple count murderers, continuous law breakers..Basically execution..your account gets wiped.  Issue was that each time the player would get arrested, lost their on hand founds or property they would run to the bank and get it all back in seconds. This is the only way to force criminals to think twice, high risk high reward or at least think is it really worth it to do what you have planned?

These "watermarks" you're talking about are not just on the bill, but on the whole picture, it's made to prevent people from "stealing" the design for money i guess, i don't think they will be on money ingame:p