TG_Artus

Modders: Problem?

Question

3 answers to this question

55 minutes ago, TG_Artus said:

Will modders be a problem in the full game, as they are in games like GTA Online?

No modding support at full game release but possibly in the far far fetched future. It is not planned anytime soon!

6 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:

No modding support at full game release but possibly in the far far fetched future. It is not planned anytime soon!

I believe he means modders as in hackers. Like those in GTA Online who caused random explosions and destruction, spawn in crazy items, etc.

34 minutes ago, Villasenor said:

I believe he means modders as in hackers. Like those in GTA Online who caused random explosions and destruction, spawn in crazy items, etc.

Modders in the GTA world is pretty much certain servers allow menus such as LAMBDA etc, which is not something official servers will have. The reason GTA uses menu's like LAMDA is GTA is not written to be RP and many of the GTA RP servers really do not have much Dev experience so it's easier to open a server, say it's RP and allow people to pull vehicles for free etc. 

Identity is built around the RP experience, and what abilities the Dev's want you to have is what you will get and not through a janky 3rd party mod application. Nothing like GTA. Future unofficial servers may have the ability to use mods, but that is so far out in the future that there really is no talk about it.

As for hackers, Asylum's Altis Life Servers on Arma are pretty decent with hack detection tools, I'm sure Identity will be pretty secure, no one wants your experience to be ruined by hackers.

• Like 2