uncannierlink

The Astral Plane.

Welcome to the Astral Plane. An exclusive club where only those who wield the greatest influence over society are allowed entry. Join other, high class citizens as we enjoy pleasures unimaginable to most common-folk. Beautiful music that would draw enough tears from the masses to form oceans. The most eloquent cuisine which makes common meals taste like grass by comparison. The finest wine and most beautiful women (and men, for those who partake). No pleasure is forbidden. Enjoy the life of the elite overlooking the commoners below on the highest floor of the tallest building in the city. Welcome to the most exclusive club in the world. Welcome to The Astral Plane.

Just an RP thread I wanted to put together to contrast the other RP threads, which focus more on the "low-life" so to speak. If you want to RP as someone rich and powerful, this is the place to do it. A few rules as well as the setup for how I am going to run this:

1. Anything out of character or not spoken by your character should be in Italics green, all in character RP should be written in first person.

2. I will be acting as the "mysterious host" of the Astral Plane. This will allow me to guide the RP in a fun and interesting direction. I will also act as a Game Master with again, non-rp text written in Italics.

3. When you first enter there are 6 tables you may choose to sit at. You may only interact with the people sitting at your table and are encouraged to do so (unless otherwise specified, just ask in Italics).

4. Your first post should contain basic character information eg. What your character looks like, what you are wearing, and what allowed you entrance into the Astral Plane. It also should contain which table you are going to sit at. The Host will also greet all new guests as they enter.

5. Please wait 3 days for a reply at your given table. After three days, response will be assumed by GM.

You don't have to read the entire thread to hop in. Anyone can join.

Those are pretty much the rules. Most importantly, be creative with your RP and have fun!

Edited by uncannierlink

Name: Marie DanBrooke

Appearance: Dark brown skin, dark brown eyes, Hip length dreadlocks styled into an updo, skinny, 5'9, black dress with gold jewelry and a white purse.

Career:  Owns Several Large Brands of HairCare and Skincare

She entered the Astral Plane through an acquaintance that got her an invite.

She will be sitting at the first table.

The Host moves to the first table to greet Marie Danbrooke. The Host is a shorter man with no distinguishable physique. He wears a blanche tuxedo with a rose pinned to the left side of his Jacket. He has jet black hair combed back and gelled down. His face is mostly obscured by a heavily garnished 18th century British masquerade. He moves swiftly to the table to pull out a chair for the first guest of the day, his footsteps make no audible sound as he walks.

Ah, Ms.(?) DanBrooke. Welcome to the Astral Plane. I must say your reputation is only surpassed by your beauty. Never before would I have thought it possible a women could have such an aura of beauty surrounding them. My assumptions on the limits aesthetics were clearly mistaken. On behalf of myself and all of the staff, we are all stunned by your presence. Your invitation was a brilliant idea by... ah who was it again? If you'll forgive me, my memory comes and goes as it were. Could you remind me who exactly it was that recommenced you? I must be sure to congratulate him later...

Marie sits down gracefully, slightly impressed by the service and welcoming so far. She sets down her purse and turns to the man.

My dear friend Alistair Sarnyai was the one who told me about this place. Do you know Alistair personally? 

What's visible of The Host's face lights up in excitement at the sound of Alistair Sarnyai's name.

Alistair! Yes of course! We are very old friends. It's a shame, we've both been so busy lately that we never can find the time to catch up. I remember being quite surprised when I saw she was the one that signed your recommendation letter... yes, it must have been the first time I had heard from her in years. She used to frequent the club but alas, she just can't find the time for it anymore. You must tell me, how did you meet Alistair?

We met at an Art Gala a little over 7 years ago. We bonded over the rather poor artwork that was presented. I was quite surprised to get an email from her as we hadn't talked in over a year. So tell me more about The Astral Plane.

(Also btw Marie has a concealed silver engraved snub-nosed revolver in her purse just in case that comes into play later)

The host breaks eye contact and appears to be deep in thought. After several seconds The Host chuckles to himself.

So you wish to know more about The Astral Plane... Well, I'm afraid there simply isn't very much I could tell you. As is stands you are merely a guest of The Astral Plane, and not a full member. As such the further knowledge about the club are strictly off limits. Yes, I'm afraid the knowledge you wish to acquire has a cost. However before you get out your checkbook, the cost is not monetary. No, our primary currency in The Astral Plane is not money, but secrets. If you wish to acquire more information from me regarding The Astral Plane, you will have to pay for it, in secrets.

8 hours ago, uncannierlink said:

The host breaks eye contact and appears to be deep in thought. After several seconds The Host chuckles to himself.

So you wish to know more about The Astral Plane... Well, I'm afraid there simply isn't very much I could tell you. As is stands you are merely a guest of The Astral Plane, and not a full member. As such the further knowledge about the club are strictly off limits. Yes, I'm afraid the knowledge you wish to acquire has a cost. However before you get out your checkbook, the cost is not monetary. No, our primary currency in The Astral Plane is not money, but secrets. If you wish to acquire more information from me regarding The Astral Plane, you will have to pay for it, in secrets.

Marie laughs, assuming the man is joking.

My favorite color is blue. There's my secret

Marie laughs once more

The Host briefly frowns.

It appears you believe me to be joking. I assure I am entirely serious. The Astral Plane is very, very old. We tend to do things in ways that some would call... old fashion. 

The Host grins.

That will suffice. I appreciate your ability to understand without... further explanation. Now then, a very brief history of The Astral Plane: Established in 1739, The Astral Plane began as your typical club for extraordinary gentlemen. A place for the social elite to gather, drink and network. This however changed when it was purchased by The Austrian noble, Heins Von Astralis. Under his ownership the club quickly distinguished itself becoming far from typical, attracting not only the extraordinary, but the bizarre and peculiar as well. It's peculiar operating protocol may have come as a result of said patrons, or perhaps the most extreme of the patrons were attracted by said peculiar operation. Whatever the case, The Astral Plane continues to operate along the same three basic principles it did when Von Astralis purchased it, leading to it's great success and influence.

The host smiles and tilts his head to the side.

Did you find the history lesson satisfactory?