connor77saint

Houses & Cities

Hey, so i have been watching some of the videos on identity showing about the houses now the first thing that came to me is that can you drive to your house from the city / town with your mates and maybe park your car in the garage and do stuff in your house? or is there a bit like where you have to load in to your house by going through a door (Sounds stupid but i know a lot of games that do that)

You'll be able to drive to your residence, but the house/apartment will be in its own instance. Luckily you'll be loading while going up the elevator! 

The reason there will be instances is because of the customization, basically to reduce lag in the actual world.

Your friends will be able to join you in your apartment, and you can add them as a roommate who will be allowed to help you build!

Edited by Dimmies
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Alexandre said:

Hey, so i have been watching some of the videos on identity showing about the houses now the first thing that came to me is that can you drive to your house from the city / town with your mates and maybe park your car in the garage and do stuff in your house? or is there a bit like where you have to load in to your house by going through a door (Sounds stupid but i know a lot of games that do that)

18 hours ago, Dimmies said:

You'll be able to drive to your residence, but the house/apartment will be in its own instance. Luckily you'll be loading while going up the elevator! 

The reason there will be instances is because of the customization, basically to reduce lag in the actual world.

Your friends will be able to join you in your apartment, and you can add them as a roommate who will be allowed to help you build!

Not exactly I do not believe. The houses / apartments are "half instanced" and so you won't see a loading screen but also with the apartments, you go up the elevator you seamlessly load in. With houses, you do sort of the same thing, you open the door and walk in without a loading screen (seamless) and you will be in another instance meaning you cannot see outside cars going by or such.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:

Not exactly I do not believe. The houses / apartments are "half instanced" and so you won't see a loading screen but also with the apartments, you go up the elevator you seamlessly load in. With houses, you do sort of the same thing, you open the door and walk in without a loading screen (seamless) and you will be in another instance meaning you cannot see outside cars going by or such.

Yeah, GTA IV was already working that way :)

• Like 1

the loading screen in apartments are the elevators but i believe for houses u can just walk into them no loading screen no nothing

• Like 1