JBS

Tie in with other existing simulations for careers

Instead of inventing all of the modules from ground up allow players the ability to play other simulations they have and use the time they spend in there, the money they make to be used in game.

In other words allow careers from other sims outside of yours.

I would love to be a pilot, so... let me use Microsoft's flight simulator x, or Lockheed Martins' P3d or X-plane to fly my routes there. Perhaps you could build a module that would interface with said simulator. No offence but you're not going to make any better flight sims than what's out there now.

Don't stop there, how about truck driving, then tie in to an existing truck sim platform that is currently out their. 

Same with trains, use train simulator

ship - ship sim, etc.

If you could pull that off that would be awesome!

It would help these other sims anyways. Once your flight is over in flight simulator, it would help to flesh out the other non-flying part.

1. There won't be any airplanes.

2. If people just are going to play other game why even bother to play this game? People want this game for multiple reasons, but one of them is to RP with other people. If you just want a truck driving sim then play a truck driving sim. If you have players just playing different games then what is the point of this game?

• Like 1

Just like Intyala said. What's the point of Identity if you use other simulators instead? Identity is supposed to be (not literally, kinda-ish) all simulators in on place, or at least as many as possible.

5 hours ago, JBS said:

The point of this game is to give you a "life" outside of the other games. 

So what do you want this game to be? I mean if you remove all the careers then what are we supposed to do in game?

I never said ALL careers. 

My point was simply this: If you are going to have a career of say a pilot or a truck driver, etc. Not saying that the game would even support that, but IF they would. Why re-invent the wheel? Why go to all that bother of coding say a trucking sim within the mmo when you have a great truck sim that already exists? Why not just write an interface that connects the two or pulls data from it.

I would use Identity as my "outside-my-career-life." 

I could do anything I could think of.

I do have high hopes for this mmo, because I was VERY disapointed with GTA V. I was hoping that was going to be more open ended and it's hard not to play that without going down a life of crime. I think with Identity you really could and I like the potential.

BTW, I would love to see skydiving - like being able to all climb into a Twin Otter (DHC6) and do group jumps, that would be cool.

Photographer, even GTA V has this going on for it. It would be fun if you could "sell" your "photos" to "magazines" and "newspapers" within the mmo.

8 hours ago, JBS said:

Why re-invent the wheel? Why go to all that bother of coding say a trucking sim within the mmo when you have a great truck sim that already exists?

Then why should they make this game at all??

I think we're losing track here, i don't want to sound rude but it's really an awful idea.

It would basically drop the number of copies sold if the game required other simulators to run.

We're talking about a game, not a quick hub to switch from game to game

• Like 1