Sign in to follow this  
portalgamerbr

Suggestion about VOIP in RP

Hello everyone, I apologize for writing in English ...
Well, my idea would be that the Voip of the game was constant, there was no option to press to speak, because being a role play RP is necessary for players not to do Metagaming (use another form of communication to take advantage Of situations within the game such as warning you that you are being robbed so your friends will come to help you).

I think, that being a RP is necessary an immersion of the players and of course a way to try to stop those who are only for PVP for example, what spoils the RP of the others and I see in this question of VOIP one of the ways to try to stop , At least Metagaming.

Of course many who play this game thought that it is a pvp game will end up seeing that in reality it is an RP, and developed to be a RP which helps a lot already in eliminating PVP players as soon as it launches. However, there are always RP players who like to perform Metagaming and end up spoiling the game of others.

Good just a suggestion .....

Edited by portalgamerbr
  • Like 1

Its a good point to have VOIP to stop or at least make it harder to do metagaming. But on the other hand its a problem, because not everyone who will play this game will have a quiet background and so there will be too much Noise, and that will be annoying for others. 
Still a very good Point!

( BTW you dont have to apologize for writing in english ) 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ragnar said:

Its a good point to have VOIP to stop or at least make it harder to do metagaming. But on the other hand its a problem, because not everyone who will play this game will have a quiet background and so there will be too much Noise, and that will be annoying for others. 
Still a very good Point!

( BTW you dont have to apologize for writing in english ) 

Yes I was thinking about it, I would have to have voice detection on VOIP. And the player could turn off the mic and enable only when speaking, but many do not have headsets with buttons to turn the audio off and on. It would really be a problem in the case of noises coming from the players.

Thanks for comment.

I apologized because my writing in English is not very good.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, portalgamerbr said:

Yes I was thinking about it, I would have to have voice detection on VOIP. And the player could turn off the mic and enable only when speaking, but many do not have headsets with buttons to turn the audio off and on. It would really be a problem in the case of noises coming from the players.

Thanks for comment.

I apologized because my writing in English is not very good.

Well, The hole VOIP thing is a realy good idea on it own. Maybe it will work on Private servers, so you can decide as server owner if you want that active.

And my English isnt perfect neither, so dont care about making a mistake :) 

• Like 1