Sign in to follow this  
Acecool

Video / News Crew direct to TV

In the QA you said you wouldn't allow shooting video from your phone to be streamed to a TV channel because steaming video is too data-intensive; but you're forgetting that you already have access to all of the data necessary to pull it off... Instead of streaming the video data, you can create a new camera entity ( assuming you did separate the camera from the player object and allow multiple cameras ) for that camera in the smart phone, then the player would handle the rendering on their end of what the camera is looking at. As for the data, you'd need to enable networking for objects in that area ( hopefully you disable networking of objects as they get to a certain distance to lessen the amount of data needing to be sent and to ensure cheats are rendered useless - this distance should be dynamic so if someone is inside a building, they don't need to know what is going on outside if they aren't looking outside with the exception of audio events which can be networked individually ) and be done with it..

I know with Unreal 4 you're left to create your own net-code.. There are a few ideas on how certain things can be achieved above.

I've made mods and game-modes similar to what you're doing with identity ( If you can do it, you may do it RPG - everything rendered, ai public transport / bus system, ai police force with helicopter assistance for high-speed chases with real-time staff that run to the chopper, start it, fly to area, grid-search if target is lost, etc... prison and more ). If you're interested in hiring a part-time ( bad neck and back with severe nerve damage from auto accident in 2011 so I spend my time teaching programming, etc.. and programming things myself ) developer who knows many languages, is able to adjust to company coding standards, etc.. let me know.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Acecool said:

In the QA you said you wouldn't allow shooting video from your phone to be streamed to a TV channel because steaming video is too data-intensive; but you're forgetting that you already have access to all of the data necessary to pull it off... Instead of streaming the video data, you can create a new camera entity ( assuming you did separate the camera from the player object and allow multiple cameras ) for that camera in the smart phone, then the player would handle the rendering on their end of what the camera is looking at. As for the data, you'd need to enable networking for objects in that area ( hopefully you disable networking of objects as they get to a certain distance to lessen the amount of data needing to be sent and to ensure cheats are rendered useless - this distance should be dynamic so if someone is inside a building, they don't need to know what is going on outside if they aren't looking outside with the exception of audio events which can be networked individually ) and be done with it..

I know with Unreal 4 you're left to create your own net-code.. There are a few ideas on how certain things can be achieved above.

I've made mods and game-modes similar to what you're doing with identity ( If you can do it, you may do it RPG - everything rendered, ai public transport / bus system, ai police force with helicopter assistance for high-speed chases with real-time staff that run to the chopper, start it, fly to area, grid-search if target is lost, etc... prison and more ). If you're interested in hiring a part-time ( bad neck and back with severe nerve damage from auto accident in 2011 so I spend my time teaching programming, etc.. and programming things myself ) developer who knows many languages, is able to adjust to company coding standards, etc.. let me know.

Hello there, I like the Idea but as you know the devs said they won't add those things because they are heavy networking objects, but a thing instead of that is to live stream and people can watch you on the TV like it is a TV news reporter or something similar. This way is a lot more efficient as because it means they can focus on all the other stuff instead. However maybe in the future they can add this sort of thing but I think they'd rather not so it for now because if you are recording and then others are near you and then it lags them as well then it will be annoying and ruin immersion.

One thing we need to keep in mind with this sort of thing is the capability of the internet access the player has.  As an example, I recently moved from an area that only had slow ADSL (8mb down with 1.5mb up) which means that when myself and my housemate were both playing an online game with a lot of data (we will both be playing this game as well), we would encounter major problems with game rendering.  I can see the T.V's in game being a possible problem for people in those sort of situations since it is playing a stream from youtube/twitch (can't remember exactly what one they said) as well as transmitting data for what is happening around you in real time.