AJ

Police body camera

Should members of the police force be required to record their play time. So people that become a lawyer either working as prosecution or defense lawyers they could have some form of "evidence" to help build their case for the clients they may be representing at the time...

Just a thought as I am interested in become a defense lawyer.

9 hours ago, AJ said:

Should members of the police force be required to record their play time. So people that become a lawyer either working as prosecution or defense lawyers they could have some form of "evidence" to help build their case for the clients they may be representing at the time...

Just a thought as I am interested in become a defense lawyer.

No, the police won't have such thing for performance reasons but they can always record using external software.

2 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:

No, the police won't have such thing for performance reasons but they can always record using external software.

That is what I was thinking external software, not something built into game. Just as a requirement if you wish to join the police force.

14 minutes ago, AJ said:

That is what I was thinking external software, not something built into game. Just as a requirement if you wish to join the police force.

They likely won't have it as a requirement because not everyone who wants to be a officer will have a good PC or internet for that matter and so it is not a suitable thing to be a requirement but is an optional thing.

I believe that having a mic would be a better option as not having a mic disrupts game play / immersion and as well as it can get you killed if you are typing while in a battle of some king or even if you are chasing someone and you need backup, talking don't require you to stop following to call for backup. This however is my opinion on what I think should be a requirement but not something official.

13 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

They likely won't have it as a requirement because not everyone who wants to be a officer will have a good PC or internet for that matter and so it is not a suitable thing to be a requirement but is an optional thing.

I believe that having a mic would be a better option as not having a mic disrupts game play / immersion and as well as it can get you killed if you are typing while in a battle of some king or even if you are chasing someone and you need backup, talking don't require you to stop following to call for backup. This however is my opinion on what I think should be a requirement but not something official.

Yeah i guess you're right not so much about the internet cause I was thinking just a local recording on their PC not a stream or anything and have official discord severs for each active server for sharing such "evidence", it was just a quick thought that would need to be further explored, I was just thinking about the possibilities of better RP scenarios in a court house with video evidence instead of the "he said she said" court cases. 

A mic should be considered as a requirement because if someone if being chased the chance of looking at a chat box for police demands is unlikely (in my past experiences with RP games).

In all likelihood stuff like that will be more of a requirement if they decide to do rental servers for a more "hardcore" RP style.

19 minutes ago, AJ said:

Yeah i guess you're right not so much about the internet cause I was thinking just a local recording on their PC not a stream or anything and have official discord severs for each active server for sharing such "evidence", it was just a quick thought that would need to be further explored, I was just thinking about the possibilities of better RP scenarios in a court house with video evidence instead of the "he said she said" court cases. 

Yes, some cops will record but it will be their choice and not a requirement.

20 minutes ago, AJ said:

A mic should be considered as a requirement because if someone if being chased the chance of looking at a chat box for police demands is unlikely (in my past experiences with RP games).

In all likelihood stuff like that will be more of a requirement if they decide to do rental servers for a more "hardcore" RP style.

Hopefully a microphone will be on the requirement list, but we will have to wait and see. 

They're allowing players to rent servers, as I know many people want community servers and already are going ahead and organising people for that sort of thing early on. We also know that the devs want community servers to do good and hopefully they see a community server more popular than a n official server. They want to help communities out as much as they can.

If I chose police I may take time to invest in a good recorder so I can use it as a stream to promote professionalism in game! Good idea, but you gotta remember recording is a pain size issues ect theyd have to cut it down to like be very weak recorders and poor views in order to make sure it didnt overload the server itself. Practically body cam is a ddos waiting to happen.