SrPeter

Anti-Spam Forum Suggestion

Hey!

Well lately I have seen some spam on the forums, bots i think, just creating new threads with links to other websites, spam. I was thinking is there is a way to prevent this, something like, not allowed to post link as threads titles, and a minimum of X messages to post links. Is this possible? What do you think?

Thanks and see you in the Town Square!

• Like 1

The Problem is, that not only links are used for the threads so its a bit difficult but disallowing URL´s in the name of the thread it should be less spam. 

Good idea my brother :D

• Like 1

Hey guys,

at first i want to thank you for reporting such spam topics and bringing in your ideas to stop it. :)

We moderators do our best to at least delete such topics as fast as possible. But many topics are created at times when most of our moderators are unavailable (at night for example) 

We are aware of the issue with the bots and we will discuss what we can do against it. I know that the website will get an overhaul in the future. but i don't know if this will also affect the forums.

Thank you for your time and cooperation.

-Radack

• Like 2

Well one way would be having to check one of those " I am a Human" test before able to post a Thread ( i think thats the easiest one. )

Yeah i know that would be annoying for some, but at the end its just for safety. 

18 minutes ago, Radack said:

Hey guys,

at first i want to thank you for reporting such spam topics and bringing in your ideas to stop it. :)

We moderators do our best to at least delete such topics as fast as possible. But many topics are created at times when most of our moderators are unavailable (at night for example) 

We are aware of the issue with the bots and we will discuss what we can do against it. I know that the website will get an overhaul in the future. but i don't know if this will also affect the forums.

Thank you for your time and cooperation.

-Radack

No problem :) I understand that, cant be 24h online haha will try do report every spam thread i see ;) 

Thanks for your time!

• Like 1