Sign in to follow this  
RickWantsThisSoBad

How to sell things?

Hey guys! 

So I was curious about this. If you for example go out for fishing to start making some money, do you need to sell it to a person or just to an automatic kinda thing.

Because if u need to sell it to a real player, it can take for ages because almost everyone would do the same. 

Thanks in advance, 

Greets, 

Rick 

Well since the game will be a player-run game, I would assume that you would have to sell to real players (The only AI the game will have will be doing things like standing behinds desks or counters and giving information or other boring things). The devs aren't trying to make everything easy. They want things to realistic, like business. In real life, if you have a lot of fish, they aren't all going to automatically sell at once when you put them up for sale, you have to wait for people to come by and buy them.

Edited by SniperGangKodak
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, SniperGangKodak said:

Well since the game will be a player-run game, I would assume that you would have to sell to real players. The devs aren't trying to make everything easy. They want things to realistic, like business. In real life, if you have a lot of fish, they aren't all going to automatically sell at once when you put them up for sale, you have to wait for people to come by and buy them.

I think you can sell to both players and an automatic type market because if you are starting out on the game how will money present itself etc.

• Like 2

Thanks guys, I guess it will be total chaos than. Everyone trying to sell there fish/wood. So I hope there is an automatic market or something like that.

Same, they might have that when the game comes out and slowly reduce it as more player start creating businesses and hiring each other.

Just my thought, not confirmed^^

Yes like in the beginning everyone needs to get some money (not when u bought something higher than the €30 package but most people didnt buy that), so if everyone is doing the same thing only people that got starting cash can buy those fish.

I get the feeling this will be similar to the "drug dealers" in the game.  In a Q&A that I watched recently, it was stated that players making drugs can sell them to an NPC "drug dealer" to make money.  I think the same thing would happen when it comes to fishing/hunting/wood etc..

Don't take that as confirmation as I may be wrong but it would make sense for it to be like this in game.