Coffee

Police Officer Job

I was wondering, if I become a police officer in the game would I get my own cop car or something like that ? Will cops just park them at the station and go home with their "regular" cars or how is it going to work ?

And I am quessing you get to have the outfit in your inventory until you quit the job ?

How it works is you will take your personal vehicle to the police station. You will then get dressed with your police uniform at your locker, making you "on duty". You then take out your police car and proceed to do your job. Once you're done your job, you return to the police station, get changed back into civilian clothing, and take your personal vehicle home. So to make it all short, you're off duty unless you go to the station to change clothes and take out your police car.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Whitefeather said:

How it works is you will take your personal vehicle to the police station. You will then get dressed with your police uniform at your locker, making you "on duty". You then take out your police car and proceed to do your job. Once you're done your job, you return to the police station, get changed back into civilian clothing, and take your personal vehicle home. So to make it all short, you're off duty unless you go to the station to change clothes and take out your police car.

So as long we are in the outfit and using the car we are on duty?

And for an example we could walk in the cop clothes in town square to get coffee or something like that?

And how long will it last per day?

Is it as long as you want or is there a certain amount of hours you have to do every day ?

8 hours ago, Coffee said:

So as long we are in the outfit and using the car we are on duty?

And for an example we could walk in the cop clothes in town square to get coffee or something like that?

And how long will it last per day?

Is it as long as you want or is there a certain amount of hours you have to do every day ?

Sorry, I was at work!

1) It all depends on your type of work within the police force. As a detective, you may not have a uniform (but I can always be wrong). That's how it is set up to be though, you will go to your locker and get suited up and take out your cruiser and at that point you're on duty. 

2) You may have limitations on where you can go. Some work in the police force will pretty much keep you around the police department, whereas street patrolmen and such may go basically wherever. So depending on your job, you could go to the town square.

3&4) I have no idea to be completely honest. The day to night ratio is 3:1 hours in real time. The amount of time may be reliant on either your boss giving you hours, or yourself. 

@Coffee

Edited by Whitefeather

9 hours ago, Coffee said:

I don't know for certain, but I'm guessing it should be how long you want.

It wouldn't be a very good game design if it forced you to do put in the hours to do a certain job. Seeing as you don't want a game to become your second job. That's not fun anyone.

There might be a timer on how long you can stay in duty, but I'd also doubt that. Unless there's a timer for being a criminal too.

Otherwise, that, to me anyway, would seem to create an unfair unbalance towards criminal players.
Seeing as there's a potential that there may not be any cops around if all the cop players have used up their quota.

Edited by Norway174