Sign in to follow this  
TonyG

Make Criminals Whitelisted

Please don't let this become just another life server, where as soon as you step out of a safe zone you have 6 guys fighting who gets to rob you. 

Make it bannable if you rob or kill someone and not on whitelist as a criminal. This will gives Admins and moderators a bit of control over kids killing everything that moves.

Edited by TonyG

20 minutes ago, TonyG said:

Please don't let this become just another life server, where as soon as you step out of a safe zone you have 6 guys fighting who gets to rob you. 

Make it bannable if you rob or kill someone and not on whitelist as a criminal. 

No, that would take away the point of it being realistic e.g. having crime.... or being like Real Life...

This game is basically a "Life Simulator" and in real life do you need a whitelist to be criminal? No but this could be done my private server owners... Doubt people will do it.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

No, that would take away the point of it being realistic e.g. having crime.... or being like Real Life...

This game is basically a "Life Simulator" and in real life do you need a whitelist to be criminal? No but this could be done my private server owners... Doubt people will do it.

I'm not say do away with criminals, as in real life you should be able to go say cut trees for lumber without even thinking of getting robbed ( as in real life ) The problem is you have a server with say 50 people on and 40 of those are criminals the ratio is way to high. When you go out does it ever cross your mind getting robbed, no you shouldn't have to hide every time you hear a vehicle approaching or someone walking down the street toward you. If that's what you want then arma 3 life servers has plenty.

Edited by TonyG
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, TonyG said:

I'm not say do away with criminals, as in real life you should be able to go say cut trees for lumber without even thinking of getting robbed ( as in real life ) The problem is you have a server with say 50 people on and 40 of those are criminals the ratio is way to high. When you go out does it ever cross your mind getting robbed, no you shouldn't have to hide every time you hear a vehicle approaching or someone walking down the street toward you. If that's what you want then arma 3 life servers has plenty.

I get your point, but I doubt official servers will be white-listing anything like that because they want to give everyone a chance to stuff, but at the same time being a criminal is risky. However on the complete opposite of things, I do think government jobs should require a microphone because those who type will disrupt immersion of game play! 

It will be hard to get guns and well if you think of it you could be killed anytime in real life, by accident or just being in the wrong place at the wrong time. There is systems in play to stop people doing stuff excessively and if you have a fear that people will be criminal more than civilian or cop then you are wrong, well from most part when the devs did a little tally/ vote to see what people would be via twitter, there were more civilians than criminals and cops.

26 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

I get your point, but I doubt official servers will be white-listing anything like that because they want to give everyone a chance to stuff, but at the same time being a criminal is risky. However on the complete opposite of things, I do think government jobs should require a microphone because those who type will disrupt immersion of game play! 

It will be hard to get guns and well if you think of it you could be killed anytime in real life, by accident or just being in the wrong place at the wrong time. There is systems in play to stop people doing stuff excessively and if you have a fear that people will be criminal more than civilian or cop then you are wrong, well from most part when the devs did a little tally/ vote to see what people would be via twitter, there were more civilians than criminals and cops.

I really hope so, this has so much potential, just hate to see it turn out to be, what's going on at the other life servers. I want this to be unique, and quality role play.

Edited by TonyG

5 minutes ago, TonyG said:

I really hope so, this has so much potential, just hate to see it turn out to be, what's going on at the other life servers. I want to be this to be unique, and quality role play.

Go vote here and we can wait and see what people vote and the results. 

• Like 1

Ok, seen the ratio on the poll above which is positive in my view.

All I wanted to suggest was if criminals were whitelisted they would have something to strive for, and work on being a smart criminal of fear of getting delisted.

Again thanks for your comments.

7 minutes ago, TonyG said:

Ok, seen the ratio on the poll above which is positive in my view.

All I wanted to suggest was if criminals were whitelisted they would have something to strive for, and work on being a smart criminal of fear of getting delisted.

Again thanks for your comments.

Well, my point to why it should not have a white-list is because it's "Risk = Reward" e.g. Robbing a bank is risky but it has a big money reward but requires planning unlike Gmod DarkRP or any other gamemode.

You would never see the risky criminal stuff be white-listed because that means you can't just get easy cash meaning hard jobs but easy big money.

(Ps: The poll was to make you realise the odds that most people don't want to be a criminal, but truly the vote was a good idea to recap as we have not had one for ages and there has been a lot more exposure to the game with more people coming to the forum as well.)

• Like 1