Acetime

Language

Will there be any translations for the game for example German,because I would like to play it on German

P.S I have no problems with the English language but it is just a question an suggestion.

greetings 

I could think of community members doing the translation on a free basis, since the dev doesn´t have that much money to spend.

1 hour ago, Acetime said:

Will there be any translations for the game for example German,because I would like to play it on German

P.S I have no problems with the English language but it is just a question an suggestion.

greetings 

There will be translations but not before the game is fully released. So let them make the game first before it will be translated as that makes more sense before translating as it means it is released quicker as less work for them.

On 10/12/2016 at 1:00 AM, JamesLuck01 said:

There will be translations but not before the game is fully released. So let them make the game first before it will be translated as that makes more sense before translating as it means it is released quicker as less work for them.

Agreeing with this, I also think giving the community some tools to attempt a translation would be helpful, and I mean starting it already today.

That doesn't mean the translation should be included in the game, but we would have already a good bunch ready in advance. Because as the website states, the developers will be adding new content, and the translations should have double work, first to translate the game itself, and then to catch up with the updates.

Having the translation strings in advance would also help the community getting organized, creating tranlsation teams, conventions, workflows, etc. From what I've seen in the (short) period involved in the translation of Elite:Dangerous, it's not just opening a text editor and start translating. I don't think providing those text strings would impact their development effort. 

One more thing: the number of players coming from other languages shouldn't be underestimated...

By the way, I hereby express my interest in being involved in the translation of Identity to Spanish.