Sign in to follow this  
Salerno

Interested in joining/starting a modern Italian-American mob? Click here

Hello, before I start let me introduce myself. My name is Salerno and I have been following the development of Identity for some time now. I have been playing on roleplaying servers on San Andreas Multiplayer (SAMP) for years now  and saw strong potential for a potential Italian-American mob in this game. Therefore in order to get a head start and start planning things now I'm looking for a few guys that are willing to join an Italian-American mob crew.

Now, let's get things straight - this crew will focus on development, we will start of as a small exclusive crew and potentially develop into a full-fledged Mafia family. I've seen a lot of other threads advertising Italian-American Mafias and to be honest I was not impressed - some of them seem to roleplay the old 1940s Godfather kisshand style mafia originating from Sicily while others are already arguing out of character about who knows more IRL about the mafia and think they're the most powerful mob in Identity. We're going to try and stay out of these out of character politics and not portray ourselves to be the baddest mafiosos in all of Identity but rather win the respect of other players through solid roleplay and portrayal of a modern Italian-American mafia. It is important that this roleplay is enjoyable for everyone, not just ourselves.

What I'm going to be aiming at is a more modern interpretation of the Italian-American mob. All members are expected to roleplay American or wherever Identity will be based in, no Italian fresh-off-the-boat bullshit. This however is solely roleplay - you can be from other countries if you want to join. If you want a rough idea of what we're going to try and look like - watch the Sopranos or something similar to that.

Ok, let's get to the good part. To maintain exclusiveness - at the beginning we will have only one captain and a couple of made guys, maybe 3 or 4 with each of them being expected to recruit a couple of associates that will kick up $. Most members during the starting phase will be associates however some will be closer to leadership than others. When we grow in numbers, we will open the books and only the highest earners and best roleplayers will become made. We want the title of a 'made man' to actually mean something. Associates will be expected to make money through various ways (e.g stealing, scheming, racketeering, gambling, dealing) and kick up to their higher ups. The more you kick up the more respect you will earn and leadership will go out of their way to protect the highest earners.

Obviously we don't know what Identity will look like as of yet however we will have to try our best to adapt. Another issue is timezones. We'll probably maybe have 1-2 made guys on North American timezone, 1 made guy on European timezone and 1 made guy on the Oceanic timezone to maintain a strong presence in all timezones.

If you're interested leave a reply below or give me a private message if we get enough members to have a successful start I'll organize a discord server and we'll be able to communicate through there.

Edited by Salerno