QuannTann

Dispatch?

Good evening brothers and sisters!

So while scoping through the 'Precinct' I have come across many people discussing their choice in what law department or what rank they are wanting, or this or that. However, I have not come across a thread detailing one specific part of the job that interests me. That being the man, or woman, behind the curtain who is in charge of sending and moving units to locations and transmitting vital information. So to sum it up, what about the dispatcher?

I could understand in a large scale game like this to just have sort of automated system, or for all cops of a specific area to just be in one single TeamSpeak and sending out their information for everybody to hear. So in comes my own question for the developers or even just a person who is able to answer this: Will the dispatcher be a player or a bot? Or perhaps and even greater, and sadder, question: Will there be a dispatcher at all?

For example, in Arma 2 we would always have a "Crossroads" or a "Command" we would call into for fire support or evac, or if we were trying to communicate to another squad that a building they were about to enter was about to be shelled we would alert Command of the danger and they would tell the squad to pull out immediately.

Thanks again ladies and gentlemen, and might I say: Have a fantastic day.

632d28f00775f672285e2551fd5535d4.jpg

(Bit of humor about dispatchers I found on google)

Edit: Also if this is in the wrong thread I am terribly sorry, good day.

Edited by QuannTann
Wrong thread possibly?

I imagine it will be as simple as 911 calls show up on screen, and over the radio they say who's responding. It's how it's done on SAMP RP servers. Same for officers calling for back up etc, as well as other emergency services. Having a dispatch means one person having to be on at all times, or maybe even more than a couple. I don't see that happening imo. As for voice or text over command would be the same as arma, or differentiated by different keys.

Edited by jremi

When it comes too dispatching in a game, it's one of the most annoying jobs. I come from a department where we used this technique and it's only fun for the first few days. An automated system along with officer discretion is a lot better than assigning someone too a task.

Supervisors just need to pay attention too who responds too a certain call and ensures persons do not over respond. For example 7 units responding to a traffic accident should ring a bel with the supervisor too pull people off that situation. Your In Game Supervisor takes care of dispatching along with officers who want too respond to said situation.

@Samuel_Tsai and @jremi Thank you gents, I was confused as to how they might've done it! I even thought while I was writing this that if there were player dispatchers that there would need to be one on all the time, but it makes a lot more sense to just have a supervisor just be vigilant and control his units. Once again, thank you.

Edited by QuannTann