FishFace

Private server

So I got a few question about this. If I were to purchase my own private server and I'm the only who plays on it. How do I make money? does it require more than one player in order to make money or am I able to do it alone?. Also since it's my server can I just give money to myself and/or others if I want to or are the admin tools for the server restricted to a few commands only like mute, kick, ban etc?

There are a few variants:

1. A global marketplace that exists on all servers. What you build on your private server could be sold on that marketplace, and gain money that could be spent on official servers. What you buy on the marketplace could be used on any of the servers, official or not.

2. You could do what you want on a private server, but without any interaction with official servers. Tools for your server would probably be much more than some commands. See here :

On 01/12/2016 at 6:34 PM, Lyriam said:

1. A global marketplace that exists on all servers. What you build on your private server could be sold on that marketplace, and gain money that could be spent on official servers. What you buy on the marketplace could be used on any of the servers, official or not.

You cannot carry anything over unless you bought it on the official store in-game which contains only cosmetic items if thats what you mean. The store is on every server including private/ community servers and if someone buys sometyhing on that store in your server then you get like credits to help towards paying for your server.