CadeStrikemen

Police website

I had an idea that the police would have their very own website and already there is now hundreds of new opportunities that can be made. The police should have their very own website accessible to everyone not just the police however only the police officers and anyone in the law enforcement career should be able to make edits to the website while citizens could just check and try to report a recent sighting of the criminal so that they could possibly get a small reward in the arrest of the suspect. The website should be acsessable on all the computers and smart phones. Just to name some of the very few opportunities that would be avaible on the website would be the option to view the wanted list which would let officers know that this person has a warrant out for his/her arrest and also let's the officer know if this is a dangerous person it would also display any picture of the person if any screenshot or any previous served jail time has been acquired and served. 

That was just one tab I would put on the website however I have another idea for a section that would be really neat. For example if a police officer pulls over a man that looks like he is in his early twenties for speeding then the officer proceeds by asking for the mans proof of license and insurance on the vehicle. The man cooperated and gave you the information, you would go back to your cruiser and type in the info of the driver in several tabs

full name, age, gender, birth date, expiration date of lisence and the lisence plate on the vehicle

Once you enter the information it should give you a list of that persons records it should tell you any recent situations where he/she has been in such as any citations, arrest records, warnings or anything else needed to know about the suspect that the officer is dealing with. The officer should also be able to check different license plates on the website to see which car is registered to a certain person so that the officer could decide if the vehicle was possibly stolen. 

There also could be a tab for investagators where they could talk to each other and also look at gang bosses and different cases that they could try to crack down on.

Overall I think that it would be best if each division of the police department had several sections and tabs of their own that they would use in different ways.

I would love to explain more but with the creation of a website for the police I think that many opportunities would be avaible. Actually I think that if ignoring worked well this could be used for EMS to look up previous medical history of a client of theirs or even for firefighter or really any other branch of government that can find it useful.

I would love to hear ideas from others and I think that this idea could go far if looked into. I understand developers have a lot on their plate but if possible I think this would need to be a necessity for the police and other service careers. I appreciate all of you taking your time to read this  I would like plenty of feedback so that we can make this a thing that will happen. Any ideas of yours are welcome so don't be afraid to join in the conversation . I  am new to the community so if I did or said something already being implemented orbeing discussed I would like to know so that I can think of other things not thought of already. Thank you!!!

Edited by CadeStrikemen
  • Like 2

This is actually a great idea. I think the police already have a system like this. But access to citizens is also great. Although it kinda breaches the laws of privacy. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AndrewDonaldson said:

This is actually a great idea. I think the police already have a system like this. But access to citizens is also great. Although it kinda breaches the laws of privacy. 

Thank you for the feedback I appreciate it! I think that access to the civilians can be added but it does not have to the main reason why I would include it is because it is realistic because if you go to your local county police website you can find wanted suspects. However I do agree with you on how it invades privacy and I do appreciate your feedback!