Sign in to follow this  
ChillBilly

Suggestions for Server Hosts

Hello All,

I thought it might be good to enter in some tips for those of you that choose to run your own server. Staff interaction is a key interest when running your own server in any type of life experience. From my research into identity, it looks like servers will have a certain about of free reign when choosing rules and regulations for its own server and server management.

The Incident Command System is being used in real life for all EMS, Police, and Fire Services. What's great about the ICS system is that you can use it to manage your server! How many of you have visited previous life communities that have 80 million positions most of which are lead positions? I am sure a lot. The ICS system allows for the minimum of active leadership while still providing the most effective amount of communication.

In my experience I have developed systems to provide services to many different life servers and life type genres of gameplay. My most successful system has been the Legal System. The Legal System was designed using the Incident Command System from memory of my years in the fire service, and it is actually my job currently to design new developments for the Incident Command System.

A typical game system using the ICS used a 1:3 structure. This 1:3 Structure branched one person to three persons. Each one of the three persons had three persons assigned below them.

In the Incident Command System, it says one person can handle up to 7 people before they are overwhelmed and communications break down. The potential for your server can go from 1:3 to 1:4 to 1:5 to 1:6 to 1:7 using the Incident Command System. Never should you have 2:3, 2:4, and so on because this will cause a break in your communication.

The most successful servers and communities I have seen have used this 1:3 - 1:7 method for maximum amounts of communication. However, most all of them have failed because they sought to expand those ratios to more than 7.

I will elaborate further should you have questions, and this is merely a suggestion for those wishing to run a community or a server.

• Like 2