Tangled

Purchasing Concepts design items for Identity?

Hello identity Citizens like to ask if your willing to buy quality design items such as guns, police cars, armor, even house or clothing if it means that more donation be given to the developers so the team can grow and expand? That is how Star citizens 110 million donations game has increase in staff size because backer were willing to back the game even after they have donated once because the money means better quality game with more features. So perhaps it will help identity too for backers to buy things that are needed for the game. The items for sale are not items to win or be master of a game it just the basic things to get started when the game do comes out but it just manly there to increase donations and its very popular. At certain times during the year you can buy things like capital ship but buying one does not mean you will defeat everyone because it does not work like that.  

The items could also be partially made so when your able to enter the game you can have a look at it and they will be continue work on it till it can be properly used. 

If you think this is dumb then do read this article.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/11/7/9687934/someone-has-spent-30000-on-star-citizen-and-says-hell-spend-more

I pledged for a package that costs more then a normal retail game does. I didn't do it because I just wanted a ship, but because of what I believe this game can bring to an industry that's rapidly becoming less about the gaming experience and more about the money. Along with that, Star Citizen has the possibility of scratching a gaming itch that hasn't been scratched since Freespace. Mass Effect did it a little bit, but even that succumbed to the current state of the industry.

I'm tired of the PC games getting a back seat to console games. I'm tired of the big huge publishers swallowing up the really good game studios. I'm tired of the same homogenized lowest common denominator gunmetal grey corriders, marines in power-armor and chest-high walls that get regurgitated each year with some new lens flare added in. Chris Roberts is doing something different and creating his vision. I'm paying for that.

And as for LTI, nothing about it is game-breaking or pay to win. It is simply a convenience perk given to the earlier backers. The sky is not falling.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/78586/q-unfair-to-buy-ships-before-there-is-a-game-a-no-here-is-why

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/4e75y9/earning_ships_vs_buying/

Edited by Tangled

8 hours ago, Tangled said:

Hello identity Citizens like to ask if your willing to buy quality design items such as guns, police cars, armor, even house or clothing if it means that more donation be given to the developers so the team can grow and expand? That is how Star citizens 110 million donations game has increase in staff size because backer were willing to back the game even after they have donated once because the money means better quality game with more features. So perhaps it will help identity too for backers to buy things that are needed for the game. The items for sale are not items to win or be master of a game it just the basic things to get started when the game do comes out but it just manly there to increase donations and its very popular. At certain times during the year you can buy things like capital ship but buying one does not mean you will defeat everyone because it does not work like that.  

The items could also be partially made so when your able to enter the game you can have a look at it and they will be continue work on it till it can be properly used. 

If you think this is dumb then do read this article.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/11/7/9687934/someone-has-spent-30000-on-star-citizen-and-says-hell-spend-more

Well, there is no way of doing this because the devs dont have an option for it. there are only pledge amounts and well i pledged $250 already but I have not got enough to upgrade to the $500 pledge to help out more.

• Like 1