Sign in to follow this  
Jam

Character Names

Alright so I'm currently trying to make a character but every time I try to type in a fist name it says it is unavailable.

So I thought of an idea, instead of restricting that first name for only one person how about if you were to utilize the same first name but a different last name that it'll allow it? Realistically there are a multitude of people with the same first name so it'll only make sense. Now I can understand if that person only has just a first name and another person attempts to make a character with that exact first name and no last name then sure but other than that we should at least let players have the option of having a different last name and letting them keep that first name.

Edit: Also fix hitting the "Backspace" while editing your name because it keeps sending you back to the character creation menus.

Edited by Jam
  • Like 1

Identical to "ARMA III: Project Life", players were capable of possessing the identical first name with different last names or the identical last name with different first names. However, since a "Damien" already exists within the module, I cannot classify my self as "Damien Malik". I have been identified as "Damien Malik" for around two years. However, due to the current system in place, my character is currently known as "Damieno Malik", which is extremely ridiculous.

Damieno Malik, Founder and Chair of The People's Revolutionary Party.

Should be "Damien Malik".

I agree, Hated the fact they had the last name option but forced your first name to be unique. I'd love it if it was able to have the same first name different last name or different first name same last name.

rofl, I tried to be "Geoffrey McTavish" but it was taken, after trying like 11 names I gave up and made my character "Asshole McTavish" It is pronounced "Ash-ola" because someone had already taken the name Shithead