Veeblefetzer

Freebird Bail Bonds & Bounty Hunting

Freebird Bail Bonds & Bounty Hunting

A system wherein a bond can be created utilizing collateral such as a car, motorcycle, apartment etc. or currency, to have an inmate released from jail/prison. A bond could be obtained by either an inmate or any second party that wishes to risk property or currency. If a court date is missed, the bond would go into default and the collateral/currency will be forfeited to the Town Square. If a person jumps bail, there would be a bounty placed on the subject, claimable by the PD, Marshall or staff of the bond company at the time of apprehension. Of course the staff of the bond company would need to make a salary, as collecting the forfeitures may not be a fair stake.

I read through all relevant threads and didn't find an in depth discussion regarding a system like this and I think it would be a good addition to the law enforcement/criminal/court process.

Thoughts?

Veeblefetzer,

I read this quoted from Motown, but maybe a system for future prospect.

Warning: Motown has now confirmed with me that there will be NO bail. The below is  a quote from Motown about the jailing system:
"When you are sent to prison, you can request a trial if your prison sentence is over 15 minutes. If your trail is accepted, you can plead your case or have your selected lawyer plead your case for you, in front of a row or player jurors. After your time is up to plead your case, they vote guilty or not guilty. There is no player judge. If voted Not guilty, you get set free, and if voted guilty, you get sent back to the prison yard"

Edited by Veeblefetzer
Added Motown quote

I really like this idea. Bail bonding could make for some really interesting. RP between you cops and bail jumper bondman and cops. 

Definitely yes

• Like 1

Thanks, there are tons of threads about PD's and tons of threads about criminal behavior. It would seem a big part of the game may be played with a cops & robbers mentality. Just makes sense to break that down and refine it.

We could always RP the bounty side and eliminate the monetized bond portion of the idea for the interim. Seems like a worthy discussion as the developers evolve the game.

Edited by Veeblefetzer