Sign in to follow this  
MichaelPayne

World Cup Support Thread And Most Impactful Players

Fifa_World_Cup_Russia_2018_logo.png

As the world cup approaches just out of curiosity I just wanted to make this thread to see what team you guys support, and the top 3 players that you think are going to make the most impact during their world cup run. My team and Players are:

England:

480?cb=20160513211823

Marcus Rashford:

England-v-Australia-International-Friend

He seems really hungry, and we haven't seen that much from England players over the last few world cups. He scored an absolute screamer against Costa Rica, I would say he has the potential to score a few goals during their run, this would make him a super impactful player.

Dele Alli:

England-v-France-Live-from-Wembley.jpg

Once again he seems really hungry, and he has a knack for scoring when he has an England shirt on. He also has a very strong presence in the midfield and can pick out good runs, and his passes are just as accurate. All the strong presence he creates in the midfield will lead to a very impactful presence moving towards the goal.

Jordan Henderson:

Image result for Jordan Henderson england

Every team needs that certain experience and class, and Jordan Henderson brings both. Just like Dele Alli he has a strong presence and can pick out some wonderful passes, he showed this in the Costa Rica game, even though he's not the captain I think he will be the one to call some good plays and make sure the team morale stays high. I think that all could lead to a strong impact. Sometimes he gets slack from the fans because of the length of his passes, hopefully this doesn't affect him. He also has the off chance of sending in a screamer of his own. 

In conclusion, we have a much younger team and there is quite a bit more hunger than previous world cup teams hopefully, this can translate into a good world cup run. They are in a comfortable group that I expect them to win the group quite handily, Belgium being the only challenge but I favour England over them. If they are really hungry in the knock out stages and morale is really high because they aced their group stage opponents I can see them going quite far even to the semi-finals, at that point who knows if they could do the unimaginable and take the whole tournament.

The group stage and the teams:

major_event_wc_groups-min.jpg

Just a quick one for some of the people who don't get why the world cup is a big deal to many of us, here is a music video that I think explains it the best way, It shows the pride and joy that we put into our countries football teams.

Edited by MichaelPayne