Sign in to follow this  
FlyingDuck

Paradox

Right so, a paradox game where you write up or say the best paradox shit you have ever seen.

quote from wiki

A paradox is a statement that contradicts itself and yet might be true (or wrong at the same time).Some logical paradoxes are known to be invalid arguments but are still valuable in promoting critical thinking.

So my favourite paradox so far is probably one of the oldest ones.

_

The barber is the "one who shaves all those, and those only, who do not shave themselves." The question is, does the barber shave himself?

-

Answer I guess; Answering this question results in a contradiction. The barber cannot shave himself as he only shaves those who do not shave themselves. As such, if he shaves himself he ceases to be a barber. If the barber does not shave himself then he fits into the group of people who would be shaved by the barber (and, so, as the barber he needs to shave himself).

_

Your turn :3

• Like 1

i find the Opposite day paradox funny. ( from wikipedia  "It is opposite day today." Therefore, it is not opposite day, but if you say it is a normal day it would be considered a normal day. ).

1 hour ago, Dan said:

i find the Opposite day paradox funny. ( from wikipedia  "It is opposite day today." Therefore, it is not opposite day, but if you say it is a normal day it would be considered a normal day. ).

Haha, inded that is a good one. :P