Sign in to follow this  
Bushido0

Some questions regarding writing in Identity

Preface
I do not know if this is the right section of the forum to post specific gameplay related questions regarding jobs, currency and items. I also don't know whether these questions have been asked before, so sorry if I get any of that wrong.

The questions
I know already that there will be a library in the Town Square and maybe some other locations and that you can submit your original writing to those libraries, but what I don't know is if you can be a writer as a career in the game. So the questions I have are:

Can you write books to sell? Can I write a book and publish it for people to buy and read in the game and make in-game currency from doing so?

Is there cover art; can I design it? We have seen the painting in the game, I am curious if I can design the covers of my books with a similar tool?

Do the books exist physically in the game? Will we be able to hold, transport, and store the books. Seeing them on surfaces or in bookshelves?

And finally.

What are the career opportunities of a writer, in game? Will it just be to write stories for other players enjoyment? Is journalism a thing? Blogs?

Thanks in advance for any information!

These are very interesting questions, indeed.

11 hours ago, Bushido0 said:

Can you write books to sell? Can I write a book and publish it for people to buy and read in the game and make in-game currency from doing so?

Yes, you can sell/buy books and you will make/lose in-game currency by doing so.

Is there cover art; can I design it? We have seen the painting in the game, I am curious if I can design the covers of my books with a similar tool?

In Town Square, no. They are planning to have this in the final game, however.

Do the books exist physically in the game? Will we be able to hold, transport, and store the books. Seeing them on surfaces or in bookshelves?

Yes! You will be able to store them in bookshelves and see then displayed! As of yet, I am unsure if you can physically "hold" them, but I would say you probably can!

What are the career opportunities of a writer, in game? Will it just be to write stories for other players enjoyment? Is journalism a thing? Blogs?

Nobody has asked about blogs yet. They are planning to include paid journalism, but as of yet this will not happen. Like I said above, you can make money from selling books! In my personal opinion, however, it would be super hard to have a career as a writer, but I'm not sure on that one.

Edited by subway244
  • ver.1.22474487139 1