Sign in to follow this  
Jaxrud

Parking - and associated jobs.

I heard on the podcast that Cars would be out for a limited time and then de-spawn and re-appear in the garage of the owner. Could a possibility be to implement a parking system? Make it so people need to use parking spots in the city etc, and have a job as a tow-truck to tow illegaly parked cars, instead of just having the car respawn in the garage getting back by "itself" after a while. Tow truck yard/garages could be instanced to hold multiple cars. Not sure if parking tickets is a thing already either. 

I'd assume a system like this would make it less likely to have cars chaoticly around the world, in massive amounts, and actually make players use designated places to have them, and bring them back home later. If they get towed have to go and pay a small fine to get it back.

25 minutes ago, Jaxrud said:

I heard on the podcast that Cars would be out for a limited time and then de-spawn and re-appear in the garage of the owner. Could a possibility be to implement a parking system? Make it so people need to use parking spots in the city etc, and have a job as a tow-truck to tow illegaly parked cars, instead of just having the car respawn in the garage getting back by "itself" after a while. Tow truck yard/garages could be instanced to hold multiple cars. Not sure if parking tickets is a thing already either. 

I'd assume a system like this would make it less likely to have cars chaoticly around the world, in massive amounts, and actually make players use designated places to have them, and bring them back home later. If they get towed have to go and pay a small fine to get it back.

Yes parking tickets are a thing and same with being a tow truck driver.

• Like 1

Ah that's awesome, I guess I hadn't read enough about the game after all. Can't wait until it goes live