DrSwager404

Air Vehicles

On 4/30/2016 at 3:32 PM, SkinnierSteve said:

I would like helicopters and planes in the game, but I have an interesting idea that would make them very rare in the game. Not only should they cost 500k, they should also be very realistic, and I mean VERY realistic. Like, if you don't know how to start a helicopter and fly it in real life, you can't do it in the game, because you wouldn't know how. I know how to start a helicopter, and I think I am able to fly one if I get the chance, so I would love if they would bring it in the game and make it as realistic as I said here. The helicopters should also be able to take realistic damage, and get failures, and then a team of Air-crash investigator players can check out the wreckage and investigate how and why it crashed. You'll have to service your helicopter regularly to keep it healthy so it doesn't fail on you. You can pay a service fee to a mechanic, or do it yourself if you know how. I think it would add a great deal of immersion and possibilities. And there can still be emergent gameplay while flying in an aircraft, with the failures and stuff. Bird strikes should also be a thing. And when the game gets a new island, the helicopters would be very useful. I understand you want lots of player interaction, but making helicopters like the real thing to fly and very expensive would fix that. Then not many people will be able to fly them, and 95% of players will still be driving cars and do ground related stuff. The players that fly can also interact with players, like if they take someone for a ride, or pick up an injured person with an ambulance helicopter, or search for criminals in a helicopter, etc. I think it would add so much more immersion and realism, and there will still be tons of ground people interacting with other ground people. Another idea to make helicopters even harder to obtain, is flight school and a pilot's licence should be very expensive and hard to get. 

I think this is a great idea and its would be super cool to be one of the people that can fly a helicopter

I don't think there will be very much helicopter trolling because the troller would put all that effort to make 500k just to piss of some people if their lucky

On 10.10.2016 at 4:26 AM, DrSwager404 said:

I don't think there will be very much helicopter trolling because the troller would put all that effort to make 500k just to piss of some people if their lucky

because there are no air vehicles trolls can't even try

On 10/12/2016 at 6:53 AM, Shimozukachi said:

because there are no air vehicles trolls can't even try

Haha this is very true. 

I think right now Paratus will wait until after the game is launched to evaluate interactions across the map. Air vehicles are a fun element but really take away from the level of cross map interaction which is anti MMORPG. He is definitely aware of everyone wanting and requesting air vehicles though. Hang gliders would be interesting to use!

13 hours ago, Sneaky said:

Haha this is very true. 

I think right now Paratus will wait until after the game is launched to evaluate interactions across the map. Air vehicles are a fun element but really take away from the level of cross map interaction which is anti MMORPG. He is definitely aware of everyone wanting and requesting air vehicles though. Hang gliders would be interesting to use!

hang gliding is nice