Fma35

Arma III difficulty for a newcomer

I just downloaded and installed Arma III for the first time.

It's been really difficult getting a hang of all the controls. :P

Anyone else struggle when they first started? :P

Edited by loganiq8

I got introduced to the ArmA-series after I had been playing Operation Flashpoint for a while. I think OFP came out 2001 and ArmA 2006. There's a difference in difficulty now and then, but not very much. The series have always been about having a lot of options and thus an advanced key setup.

I suggest that you take a look at the setup, and place buttons as you find them relevant to you personally, as other games you've played might have had a different layout and that obviously makes it a lot harder to work the magic. The truth is that you don't have to use the entire layout, there are other ways to work around not using certain commands. Tex, as standard you may keep control pressed in while pressing W or S and thus change your stance. Instead of having certain keys for all the different stances.

Edited by Fursten

I suggest playing either KOTH or Life servers to get the hang of the controls due to it being a lot easier to respawn if you were to die.

Main tips : Shift + WASD = sprinting.

Press W+A to toggle walking or jogging.

Hold Alt or double tap Alt = free look, you can look around with the cam without having your entire body move with you.

V to vault over things, some servers make you jump, some won't.

Double press Control to either lower your weapon, or raise it.

Having less items in your inventory means you can run for a longer time.

These are my main tips.

Goodluck.

Edited by Atmosphere