Sign in to follow this  
Leigh

Similarities?

**I am in NO way trying to attack the devs nor Identity itself.**

I was watching this video earlier and what this Youtuber (Yong Yea) was ranting about reminded me a lot of Identity and it's devs. The game Yong Yea is talking about is called "Unsung Story". It started out as kickstarter game (like Identity) game back in 2013.

Watch the video and let me know what you guys think. Do you see similarities between Identity and Unsung Story? Will Identity become another Unsung Story?

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHo0ggtIthQ

Again, I'm not trying to attack the devs nor Identity itself. Please, diehard Identity fans, relax for a bit. :)

Unlike unsung story, the devs here are actually showing progress screenshots, dev blogs, doing Q &A streams, and just recently got a community manager. The unsung story dev team hasn't done jack squat and left backers in the dust for months and even years, not even mentioning as to what was going on, just your "were making good progress well keep you updated." They couldn't even do updates, which is sad.

But nah i hardly see the similarities, one is making progress(taking a while but still) and showing it, while the other went quiet and peaced out, giving it to a random studio. 

Edited by PrinceChawmin
  • Like 3

No I do not think they are similar at all. You can even go to the developers stream ask them questions. Even see them working on the game at times. Unsung story did none of this.  They also still own there game. As the original developers of unsung story sold there game to another developer. 

• Like 2

I do not believe so.  Yes, it has been unfortunate that the community did not get too much proof of the game early on, and that really discouraged lots of people into spreading false/bad news about the game.  It was delayed a lot, but personally, I would much rather a polished, good game, or even a reasonably playable first module (which I am super hyped for) than a buggy mess that it may have been if they rushed it due to pressure from the community.  I am sure the devs will deliver an amazing game, we just have to wait.