Sign in to follow this  
Ferrari

Car Manufacturing

Hello!

As a fellow member of Identity and been waiting since 2015 but recently started keeping tabs, I've been wondering one thing. As you see my name is Ferrari and Im really hoping that I can be a car manufacturer creating my super cars. Is that possible? 

There will be a LOT of user created content as you've guessed, but I highly doubt cars will be a part of it. At most I see them implementing the option to add custom made decals, but that would be it. Other customization goes through shops and are fixed presets. With tons of options though, no worries about that.

Creating a car would also lead to a lot of technical problems. One example would be the physics. Each car reacts differently when turning, braking etc. I'm sure the developers have a lot of work as it is making everything feel "right" with each model or type of car. Sure if you want to make a sports car or super/hyper car, you could say you'd use the physics preset of other similar cars in game. But it still wouldn't feel unique. I don't think they'll risk something like that. 

@LuckyDuck If I'm wrong, please do correct me.

6 hours ago, Genesai said:

There will be a LOT of user created content as you've guessed, but I highly doubt cars will be a part of it. At most I see them implementing the option to add custom made decals, but that would be it. Other customization goes through shops and are fixed presets. With tons of options though, no worries about that.

Creating a car would also lead to a lot of technical problems. One example would be the physics. Each car reacts differently when turning, braking etc. I'm sure the developers have a lot of work as it is making everything feel "right" with each model or type of car. Sure if you want to make a sports car or super/hyper car, you could say you'd use the physics preset of other similar cars in game. But it still wouldn't feel unique. I don't think they'll risk something like that. 

@LuckyDuck If I'm wrong, please do correct me.

I would say the same thing.

A little extra, cars would be preset if they ever allowed the making of them..