Sign in to follow this  
Taquito

Private Servers

Can we as server owners and community leaders have direct access and control over the server and its players, like in Garry's Mod? Will we have that power or will it be restricted by the developers?

Like, for donation systems and such.

4 hours ago, Taquito said:
Can we as server owners and community leaders have direct access and control over the server and its players, like in Garry's Mod? Will we have that power or will it be restricted by the developers?

Like, for donation systems and such.

You won't get Direct Access like a Dedicated box, You will only get a Cpanel! No other access, but with the control panel you will be able to change nearly everything as the developers are going to make it as flexible as possible.

32 minutes ago, Taquito said:

Will there be MySQL support or other web integration be available?

What exactly is that used for? Would it be integrated in the game or control panel for private servers? 

Do we get to host the server on our machine?

Or are we going to be restricted to a managed host?

I

11 minutes ago, HairyGrenade said:

What exactly is that used for? Would it be integrated in the game or control panel for private servers? 

n the game for manipulating the database of players and their game data

14 minutes ago, Taquito said:
Do we get to host the server on our machine?

Or are we going to be restricted to a managed host?

No, you will be restricted to a server host / renting a server. 

No Local Hosting available. 

@HairyGrenade I believe the MySQL Database is used for like linking 2 servers together and also the web integration is so you can have the staff ranks auto managed / connected to the forum/ websites.

11 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

No, you will be restricted to a server host / renting a server. 

No Local Hosting available. 

@HairyGrenade I believe the MySQL Database is used for like linking 2 servers together and also the web integration is so you can have the staff ranks auto managed / connected to the forum/ websites.

Okay, then I don't believe that will be available for Identity. 

18 minutes ago, Taquito said:

So will there be no way for community donation systems in the game?

Not in-game that won't stop others from creating donation links or having one on their own website. 

4 minutes ago, Taquito said:

Last question addons/mods made by private developers, are they going to be available?

There won't be support for mods or addons, but people will probably find a way. 

r8ydfv5w7peo6uusrxr8qpwd0n0stsmgva0378hx

Here's a screenshot from my community's Discord about this. I'd just like to say, you guys should make sure to keep the game in a community-centered direction. It's the communities that empower games like Arma III and Garry's Mod to RP! You gotta go towards being more open-ended if you want community competition to nourish the game. My advice!

And by the way, I'd just like to say, I'm very disappointed the host will be forced. If you're going to restrict the host, consider making a deal with http://nfoservers.com, at least they aren't as sh**y as 100% of the other forced Arma hosts for gamemodes like Samatra's KOTH, lol.

Thanks for listening, devs.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, GlenLife said:

No power for the community.

Yeah but then the game don't get bogged with servers customised and then ruining the game as most players go for the most custom server.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

Yeah but then the game don't get bogged with servers customised and then ruining the game as most players go for the most custom server.

You're right, and that's a fatal flaw with Garry's Mod and Arma III.

But there needs to be some cultural identity that communities can define for their servers.

Whether that's custom permanent billboard textures in the city that the community leadership can place, some lightweight integration with a website database, etc.

We're not asking for heavyweight, megalomania addon compatibility.

We're asking for the devs to provide a way for communities to have a conduit to change at least some major things about the game server that separates that server from the others.

There needs to be some sort of merit/competition system between the community's servers.

We don't want teenie boppers who came home aggravated from their first day in high school taking their stress out by playing dictator on their server, wasting people's time and investment in their server because people couldn't tell the difference between a real, competent community and his h*ll-hole. Do you get what I mean?

Edited by GlenLife
1 more point

2 hours ago, GlenLife said:

You're right, and that's a fatal flaw with Garry's Mod and Arma III.

But there needs to be some cultural identity that communities can define for their servers.

Whether that's custom permanent billboard textures in the city that the community leadership can place, some lightweight integration with a website database, etc.

We're not asking for heavyweight, megalomania addon compatibility.

We're asking for the devs to provide a way for communities to have a conduit to change at least some major things about the game server that separates that server from the others.

There needs to be some sort of merit/competition system between the community's servers.

We don't want teenie boppers who came home aggravated from their first day in high school taking their stress out by playing dictator on their server, wasting people's time and investment in their server because people couldn't tell the difference between a real, competent community and his h*ll-hole. Do you get what I mean?

You can white-list the server?

you will get a lot of controls on the "Control Panel" so that you can change nearly everything.