Sign in to follow this  
agartha

Crossrealm zones

As there will only be 300 players per server, and the game will have no npcs in the open world, the world will seem kinda dead.
Take SAMP for example, there are servers up to a thousand players, even then the map isn't really that crowded, keep in mind that the map of San Andreas is only 14 square miles, while this will be around 80.
Most people will probably be in one of the main cities in identity, which will lead to the other cities being pretty empty, and the wilderness etc being almost completely dead.
What if you made some kind of crossrealm zones like in World of Warcraft, where zones that doesn't have many players on it gets merged together with players from other servers to make it more alive.
Divide the map into several zones, each city being a zone on its own, small towns, mountain areas etc.
Each zone will have a different number of player cap, a big city should have more players than a small town etc.

On 21/05/2016 at 1:19 AM, agartha said:

As there will only be 300 players per server, and the game will have no npcs in the open world, the world will seem kinda dead.
Take SAMP for example, there are servers up to a thousand players, even then the map isn't really that crowded, keep in mind that the map of San Andreas is only 14 square miles, while this will be around 80.
Most people will probably be in one of the main cities in identity, which will lead to the other cities being pretty empty, and the wilderness etc being almost completely dead.
What if you made some kind of crossrealm zones like in World of Warcraft, where zones that doesn't have many players on it gets merged together with players from other servers to make it more alive.
Divide the map into several zones, each city being a zone on its own, small towns, mountain areas etc.
Each zone will have a different number of player cap, a big city should have more players than a small town etc.

I get what you mean but this would be crap bercause if you into a zone and there are only 1 place in the zone on all servers (unlikely) then that means your friend in the car will put into a completely different server. and also its got to be realistic and so this don't fall under the "Realism" category. I get why you want it to be that way but it would not be good and will be horrible for emersion as if I am wanted in a server and i go to another zone and then no police can follow to my zoned server because no space, it allows me to get away easily and stops me having fun with my cop chase.

Also They said that they want atleast 300 player and they might even try more but we will have to wait and see. I agree it might feel a little dead at points, but no need to have zoning as because the reasons i said before. Nice idea though, I +1 you for that but I believe it will be a no go and I hope it is.