Sign in to follow this  
TOPGUNGUY123

How does the community feel?

Release what they got on march 21st with bugs and crashes or wait till 23rd of april for perfection?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Release what they got on march 21st with bugs and crashes or wait till 23rd of april for perfection? (Town Square)

• march 21st
    • april 23rd
  2. 2. if town square is delayed again would you stay if theres a video of town square?

• yes
    • no
  3. 3. if town square is delayed april 23rd will you stay or refund?

• stay
    • refund

look i understand game programing takes a long time, however weve been told like 4 or 5 different dates for the town square. i also understand there is a similar poll however its got way too many options to get a fair estimate, this poll is meant so the developers can see weather the community wants a half working game now so we have something to shut up those people who have been calling this a scam for a while, or continue waiting for perfection. don't get me wrong i have the highest hopes for this game and love arma 3 project life, but i feel like this poll needs to be here, and voted on so the devs and the community have a understanding of each other and what the people want. again i have the highest hopes for April 23rd

Edited by TOPGUNGUY123
  • Like 1

I'm not going to put my vote as it won't really help in anything rather than knowing who's upset more or less about the delays. Also we've been given estimations except for the actual date (21st of March) which was pushed one month later (23rd of April).

19 hours ago, LordBenji said:

I'm not going to put my vote as it won't really help in anything rather than knowing who's upset more or less about the delays. Also we've been given estimations except for the actual date (21st of March) which was pushed one month later (23rd of April).

I get what your saying, its j8ust a few games that ive backed in the past have released games early with bugs, crashes, and other problems but the community gives feed back and whats broken, what they don't like and so on, that way the community gets a voice as the game progresses and get to see new stuff added all the time feeling like theyre a bigger part,ompared to waiting 3 years and got 2 videos, screen shots, and friends fighting each other about if this is a scam or not (I know its not a scam). I feel tho if a dev sees most people who have voted would prefer a clunky broken mess now compared to perfection april 23rd or if its delayed again see people refund pledges and split friends on this game forever if it doesn't totally destroy it. I have the highest hopes for this game and respect your wishes

You still probably get to do that one month later though, there will most likely still be bugs and things, it's just a matter of giving it that little extra before it goes out, if it's not ready it's not ready. It's just a few weeks

5 hours ago, Jaxrud said:

You still probably get to do that one month later though, there will most likely still be bugs and things, it's just a matter of giving it that little extra before it goes out, if it's not ready it's not ready. It's just a few weeks

I hope its just a few weeks, last time it was a month, then 3 months, than a year. I'm my case its just worrying that after soo many general release dates given (more then 4) we get a solid one march 21st. then its delayed again, now another month. my side is that if they keep wanting perfection before release were never going to get this game. one of the project leads at rockstar even said they didn't get as much as they wanted for gta 5's launch, they wanted multiplayer but didn't have it, then didn't have heist either.  but still released it because people were starting to loose hope and canceling preorders. they released it 2 years before they project leads wanted to. I'm afraid were gonna be in that boat if it took a mult million $ team 2 years for heist and multiplayer what are we suppose to expect with a full mmorpg game like no other with less than 10 people? I just think if they released something, anything showing that they are working on it they would get soo much money and more pledges. even if it is broken

16 hours ago, TOPGUNGUY123 said:

I hope its just a few weeks, last time it was a month, then 3 months, than a year. I'm my case its just worrying that after soo many general release dates given (more then 4) we get a solid one march 21st. then its delayed again, now another month. my side is that if they keep wanting perfection before release were never going to get this game. one of the project leads at rockstar even said they didn't get as much as they wanted for gta 5's launch, they wanted multiplayer but didn't have it, then didn't have heist either.  but still released it because people were starting to loose hope and canceling preorders. they released it 2 years before they project leads wanted to. I'm afraid were gonna be in that boat if it took a mult million $ team 2 years for heist and multiplayer what are we suppose to expect with a full mmorpg game like no other with less than 10 people? I just think if they released something, anything showing that they are working on it they would get soo much money and more pledges. even if it is broken

I understand your frustration, believe me I do. But I've grown to learn this happens to most of the projects. Some times it's naive devs, hoping to achieve more in less time, and other times, it just happens that they want to extend dates to be able to do more polish or even add more content based on feedback from testers or the likes. 

Even triple-a companies, just look at RDR, was supposed to come out a year ago, then it got pushed back by a year, and now again a quarter of a year. 

Honestly been a long time since I've seen stuff I follow NOT being pushed back, often more than once (Except AAA). I know this has been pushed significantly since they first started. So I fully understand the frustration. 

Thing about releasing something really broken after already have it pushed back from previous days, is that there could be serious backlash "What!? It has taken SUCH a long time and THIS is what we get!?" 

They wouldn't want that

16 hours ago, TOPGUNGUY123 said:

GTA 5, lets see, it was 7 years in development before it hit the stores. That is; 

Grand Theft Auto V was developed by more than 1,000 people across multiple Rockstar Games studios

The identity Team is roughly 20 Full time developers strong and more freelancers. Roughly 30 devs. Not to mention they had even less a year ago. Games are better delayed than rushed. Other developers give into their communities pressure, not for the benefit of the game but to satisfy the consumers. It is never better to rush games out. (IMO) We all need to wait for something, and not rush the developers because that is what happened with "NMS". The community pressured them and the team collapsed because they also had the publisher push them too. The pressure from the community is good but when it goes too strong devs release because of the stress, which is for consumer pleasure not the benefit of the game. 

All constructive criticism is good and like small pressure is also good but when the pressure is asking for a earlier release with more bugs, and problems than the later release, that is when the pressure has gone over the threshold of being good. We all want the same thing here; Identity in our hands. If we can get it early then it is good but if more time is needed then it is better to get it later as that is better.

Comparing GTA is hard to do seeing as the team size difference, funding and development time. 

You state it should have been released 2 years later than it did, well then it would have been 9 years in development. The devs do show things on their twitch every Tuesday and Thursday @ 4pm till 5pm EST. 

Also remember, this game won't have a SP campaign, it won't have all that AI complex coding which GTA has with the roaming AI. 

PS: You have made some great points though.

• ver.1.22474487139 1

1 hour ago, LuckyDuck said:

GTA 5, lets see, it was 7 years in development before it hit the stores. That is; 

The identity Team is roughly 20 Full time developers strong and more freelancers. Roughly 30 devs. Not to mention they had even less a year ago. Games are better delayed than rushed. Other developers give into their communities pressure, not for the benefit of the game but to satisfy the consumers. It is never better to rush games out. (IMO) We all need to wait for something, and not rush the developers because that is what happened with "NMS". The community pressured them and the team collapsed because they also had the publisher push them too. The pressure from the community is good but when it goes too strong devs release because of the stress, which is for consumer pleasure not the benefit of the game. 

All constructive criticism is good and like small pressure is also good but when the pressure is asking for a earlier release with more bugs, and problems than the later release, that is when the pressure has gone over the threshold of being good. We all want the same thing here; Identity in our hands. If we can get it early then it is good but if more time is needed then it is better to get it later as that is better.

Comparing GTA is hard to do seeing as the team size difference, funding and development time. 

You state it should have been released 2 years later than it did, well then it would have been 9 years in development. The devs do show things on their twitch every Tuesday and Thursday @ 4pm till 5pm EST. 

Also remember, this game won't have a SP campaign, it won't have all that AI complex coding which GTA has with the roaming AI. 

PS: You have made some great points though.

Plus, yeah, GTA 5 released without multiplayer available, and heists unavailable when MP launched. And it took a long time. But the SP was very polished, and MP had loads of things to do when that came out besides Heists. And right now it's insane, the stuff they've added since launch, and people still complain. I agree the paywall is high for new content, but still makes me excited for Red Dead Online

edit
Oh, and GTA 5 too was delayed by a lot after it was first announced too. Despite its team and project size. And they still missed content as you mention yourself (TopGunGuy)

Edited by Jaxrud

Releasing a game with a lot of bugs and lag will die out quickly.

I personally understand why they waited because I am a developer myself.

I feel sorry for devs nowadays. Damned if they do and damned if they don't. Hit a snag and have to recalculate, "You lied!!!!!111oneoneone" At this point, if they release a broken or buggy module, even if it's before the release date, they'll never hear the end of it by some of these people. 

Morale of the story: If you're not sure about any game, don't back it.

Personally, I would rather have a good game. If that means 10 date extensions, then that means 10 date extensions. Development takes time and, if as consumers are impatient causing the devs to rush things, most likely we would not like the end result and then we'd complain again.

Sure. The game would be out on time, but if it's not worth playing then doesn't that make the point of all of this mute?