Sign in to follow this  
JEKOV

Anti Spam Idea

Well, SrPeter already made a Thread about the spambots, and i just started thinking of ways how to stop that. the easiest way i could think of was a "I am not a Robot" or "I am Human" test. So you would have to make this short test before you can post a Thread, also URL´s could be forbidden for the Thread name. 

Or i came across a free Service called " Stop Forum Spam". 

Here is their own description:  Stop Forum Spam is a free service that records reports of spam on forums, blogs and wikis to name a few. All these records are then made available to you search and view but most importantly, to access in an automated way to block suspected spammers before they can get in the front door. Everyone is familiar with more traditional "solve the word" systems to prevent abuse, Stop Forum Spam is a targeted and specialsed solution to help stop abuse of your website.  

I know that the Moderators do everything they can to prevent spam, but a spambot can be online 24/7 and Moderators cant, so we should help them as much as possible to keep the Forum clean. 

And a other Idea of mine was to check their IP ( if possible) because maybe the Bots have the same host ip, if so a IP ban ( if again possible ) could be the solution. ( its just my own thinking so if something is not possible or a silly idea dont go in the hater mode.) 

(( If i made some mistakes and im sure i made pls tell me about them in P.M , my english isnt the best because i have to learn it on my own...))

((( if this Thread is wrong here sorry for that.. ))) 

• Like 1