WhtGhstBlckGhst

Dev Blog #003!!!

YESSS good good news all around! These are just excerpts from what I wanted to discuss and not meaning this information is more important than the rest.

"Our programmers, especially Henrik Sonesson, have upgraded our inventory mechanics and created two new important gameplay systems these last weeks. The library which you'll have access to in the Town Square module is now in place and functional. Players can both read public domain classic books in-game, or even write their own and submit them to the library for other players to read."

Actually a really good point that I haven't seen mentioned yet, the inventory system! Devs PLEASE shed just a tiny light on the basic structure of the system! Just a tiny one, but as usual here's my questions. Maybe answer one? :3

-I assume its pocket based? Meaning if I'm wearing jeans I have 4 pockets to use.

-Are backpacks, purses, duffel bags etc.. fully functional and separate from our characters inventory? Meaning will we be able to stuff a bag full of money for quick transactions on the go to other players etc. Plus the idea of throwing a phat bag of dough into the trunk of the car is just so pleasing.

(And I wanted to mention this before: I really hope the money in the game is a physical object that can be picked up and compiled individually. Think of the coins in an elder scrolls game, each coin is individual and can be separated by dropping 1 coin, but if you drop lets say 50 coins it will be dropped as a small coin purse. Basically that idea but id want to spend hours counting and rubber banding wads of cash and stuffing them into a bag for transaction.)

"In addition, the NPC shop systems are now in place. When you enter most shops you'll be able to find the items you need on racks or displays around the store. Grab what it is you're looking for and then make your way to the cash register to make the purchase. In some places you can preview the items you're holding even before buying; for example, in a clothing store you can go into a change room. This system even allows for shoplifting some items, although player-crafted or very expensive items cannot be shoplifted on official servers."

-This concept is so dope and really does shine a tiny light on the high fidelity of detail they've mentioned in the past. You walk around the store and collect your items before paying for them giving you the option & opportunity to shoplift. Stellar, this proves its all about the details and shows us that nothing is being over looked. Stellar shit, you guys are killing it.

THANK YOU!

• Like 1

I like the amount of detail that's being given.  I'm eager to see the beginning town when it is released.  I'm more so eager at the final result.  If only we can fast forward time!

Haha this is the best part man! The hype train!

But you make a very good point, there has been legitimate detail drops ever since they addressed the lack of communication. Good stuff!