Sign in to follow this  
The_Orgazoid

Great Game Developers, Bad PR

I'm pissed off, not about the fact that the game is delayed releasing , but the lack of communication and dare I say "lying" to feed us misinformation. If you've found more bugs that need patching pre-release, fine, just tell us! If you forgot to upload the game in time for a deadline, fine! Just tell us. Otherwise you keep people in the dark and that's when you lose them. We don't mind waiting. We mind not knowing.

• Like 8

100% agree. Just ignoring us like we haven't help fund this project (collectively, as I know my $30 doesn't do a whole lot) Just tell us... we've been annoyed for a long time.. many more than I have. Yet, we all check in periodically to see status of where this game is going. I am personally over it. I won't be coming back to check on this game down the road. Blatantly lying to us and blaming Steam is garbage and extremely tacky.. If I was steam I would drop the title from the store. Don't bash an innocent company because someone didn't understand the process for releasing the game.  Good luck to those of you who get into the game and have to deal with server crashes, as I am sure they didn't think much about that either. 

I am not upset with this game or its developers, but I once stated the devs have had a rough time handling the backers for Identity, and I still believe that is true. We are harsh and critical, but still vital and supportive. Neither party wants to see this game crash and burn. This should mean we're all on the same side, willing to do what is needed to try and scooch the game along, but that's not the case here.

We aren't informed enough, Asylum. Thre are rumors flying around. I'm much more inclined to trust you over those rumors, of course, but I'm just one person in a sea of people who seem to be mostly upset right now. I trust you, and I will keep trusting you. Throw me off a cliff if you'd like, but I support you. You've worked hard and gotten better, but there's still some important gaps in communication. If the game is a little buggy, come clean and tell us. Development is hard. We know you're working to fix it. If there was a little delay, be open and admit it. We've all been late before. Sure, we might be disappointed, maybe even mad, but at least you'd have done the right thing. Please don't be afraid of us. We cant trust someone who doesn't trust us. I say we, but I know  only speak for myself. I just hope my words ring true for others as well. Keep fighting on, Asylum. You're going to get there. <3

maybe start showing us some freakin respect? without us you wouldnt even have salaries for your employees. im noy saying i dont support you anymore, but i have invested a part of my daily life into yours. At least have the decency to answer back!

2 minutes ago, been0su said:

maybe start showing us some freakin respect? without us you wouldnt even have salaries for your employees. im noy saying i dont support you anymore, but i have invested a part of my daily life into yours. At least have the decency to answer back!

One mod seems to be hanging around here to answer things. I would assume the others are busy, asleep, or staying quiet to get a grasp on the situation before responding. All developers are most likely working right now.

18 minutes ago, Order said:

One mod seems to be hanging around here to answer things. I would assume the others are busy, asleep, or staying quiet to get a grasp on the situation before responding. All developers are most likely working right now.

But you're seeing where im getting at? I chose to help them, by giving them something frommy daily life, and we dont hear shit, and suddenly the game wont release. Im mad as a rock atm. I understand its a difference in the matter of timezones and stuff, but this should've been sorted out weeks ago!!

1 hour ago, shocknawe707 said:

100% agree. Just ignoring us like we haven't help fund this project (collectively, as I know my $30 doesn't do a whole lot) Just tell us... we've been annoyed for a long time.. many more than I have. Yet, we all check in periodically to see status of where this game is going. I am personally over it. I won't be coming back to check on this game down the road. Blatantly lying to us and blaming Steam is garbage and extremely tacky.. If I was steam I would drop the title from the store. Don't bash an innocent company because someone didn't understand the process for releasing the game.  Good luck to those of you who get into the game and have to deal with server crashes, as I am sure they didn't think much about that either. 

Yeah, i feel you bro. Dont know if im going to stick around for the full release(if its ever coming out) I still support the game, but im starting to get a little frustrated here. Im sure the devs are working on it, but that*s the story everytime with this lot!

22 minutes ago, been0su said:

But you're seeing where im getting at? I chose to help them, by giving them something frommy daily life, and we dont hear shit, and suddenly the game wont release. Im mad as a rock atm. I understand its a difference in the matter of timezones and stuff, but this should've been sorted out weeks ago!!

Oh, yes, I understand your point. I apologize if I seemed to be undermining it. They are certainly Struggling with PR, and it's a problem. My point was really that they seemed to be trying to balance PR and work right now. Your point is entirely valid, though.

7 minutes ago, Order said:

Oh, yes, I understand your point. I apologize if I seemed to be undermining it. They are certainly Struggling with PR, and it's a problem. My point was really that they seemed to be trying to balance PR and work right now. Your point is entirely valid, though.

I never thought you were undermining my point, but i just wanted to explain further why i feel the way i do. :) hva e great one :)

1 minute ago, been0su said:

I never thought you were undermining my point, but i just wanted to explain further why i feel the way i do. :) hva e great one :)

You too, thanks! :D

After the release, I guess they were just trying to fix stuff. I noticed the size was 14 gb and the game is now 15.5gb. But surely they didn't bother to tell us and just made a story. But now its here and still glitchy. And I totally agree with u guys, we deserve the right information on game. 

Surprise surprise just found out they owned servers on ARMA 3 and still they dooped people into buying stuff. #lame