David

Police Vehicle Speculation + Debate Thread

Hi All.

I, personally, am very interested to see what police vehicles the developers choose to implement. We have seen from the video that the 'DOGE' vehicle is in the lineup for starters.

I am a fan of the Crown Vic, but I think its day is over - policing is changing and so are the vehicles in which Law Enforcement operate. Many forces nowadays are choosing to completely destabilize the sedan craze, with fleets being brought in of full Ford Police Interceptor Utilities. These SUVs are considered more versatile and more useful by many LE organizations over the US; including the California Highway Patrol which in 2013 selected the Ford SUV as their new vehicle, and its looking as if in excess of 700 of these vehicles will be purchased by the force.

The Crown Vic, however, is a symbol of American policing in some respects and in games such as GTA we see it rolled out in some shape or another. I am interested to see if Identity will roll out a Crown Vic look-alike or if they will choose to remain with their 'DOGE' and other selected vehicles.

I, myself, would like to see a SUV-type vehicle implemented in identity; in my opinion they are the best direction forward for modern policing. The driver is raised higher off the ground, there is more space inside for an officer to manoeuvre and store essential equipment (such as rifles in the front racks and medical kit, etc in the trunk), and also allow for officers to place detainees in the rear of the vehicle easier. Stepping down and out (as in an SUV) is much easer than pushing out and up (as in a Crown Vic) when exiting, and again makes the experience easier and more comfortable for the officer.

Anybody know anything else, or have different opinions?

• Like 1

I think it's hard to "know" much of anything at this point aside from what the developers intend. (Notably, we've seen the CVPI in concept art)

However, with that in mind, there are still a number of vehicles I expect:

- CVPI/FPI/Impala as a basic patrol vehicle. Good utility, decent speed, very typical of police.

- Charger/Camaro as police interceptor. A little more specialized, faster.

- Suburban/Tahoe/Ford Explorer as a supervisor unit.

- Bearcat or similar heavy vehicle for SWAT.

• Like 1

I'd like to have these

Chevy Tahoe 2009/2016

Ford Crown Victoria 2011

Ford Explorer 2013/2015

Dodge Charger 2012/2015

Ford Taurus 2011/2013

• Like 2

Being a proud Dutch citizen and soon to be officer in the royal army I must of course advertise our great vehicles :D

Yamaha FJR1300K
Weight: 330kg
Speed: 230km/h
yamaha-fjr1300k.jpg

Mercedes-Benz Sprinter 315 CDI
Weight. 3.500kg
Speed: 120km/h
mercedes-benz-sprinter-315-cdi.jpg

Toyota Hillux
Weight: 1.270kg
Speed: 135km/h
toyota-hi-lux.jpg

Our mobile-station truck
Front: DAF Te 75RC
Rear: SMIT STO 1230
Size of the rear: 13,6m(Length) X 2,5m(Width) X 3,9m(Height)
Speed: Unknown
Weight: ~31.000kg
meldkamer-op-locatie-mol.jpg