I saw this reply in another thread, by @KifDawg :

i question what the taxes go to other than police, ambulance, firefighter (also wonder what firefighters will be doing 98% of the time)

With no road maintenance, military (other than policing), healthcare (disease's etc) 

Not sure what else the taxes are used for since there isnt any options to keep building infrastructure. 
I mean a flat rate of 10% of everyone including the govt workers seems like WAY more than enough to pay a couple dozen officers, unless my idea of this scale is way off lol.

Its hard to wrap my head around numbers until you know max server size, police ratio, how important fire and medics will be etc.

Still, all exciting thoughts.

When he mentioned "Road Maintenance", it got me thinking: Will there actually be road maintenance? I mean, an old road, which some road maintenance workers has to close, to do maintenance, and for example lay new asphalt? That would be genius.

@DanVash, I'm just asking if there IS going to be road maintenance. But if there wouldn't, it would be cool to see it in the future. I don't mind the release date getting further away, this just means they're doing their job well, and not just publishing as soon as possible.