Jardim

Just some questions

Question

Will servers be available in South Africa?

What happens once you are killed?

Can you choose to RP as something else every now and then? Or are you stuck to a specific position?

And what would be the minimum requirements and recommended requirements to run it ?

Edited by Jardim

5 answers to this question

23 hours ago, Jardim said:

Will servers be available in South Africa?

What happens once you are killed?

Can you choose to RP as something else every now and then? Or are you stuck to a specific position?

And what would be the minimum requirements and recommended requirements to run it ?

1. Servers will be available in most regions, If the region is popular then it is a definite yes but otherwise it might not be a yes if not so popular. However the devs do wish to accommodate most regions.

2. This has been answered and can be found in the FAQ extended. 

I will however answer this anyways; You will respawn but will lose some items on your character. The items which can be lost is stuff like cash, guns and other items that get bought likely.

3. You can change at will if you choose to do so.

4. As mentioned every time it is asked, if you can run games like GTA V or Arma 3 or Ark then you should be fine to run the game but it is however to early in development to give out any accurate specifications.

Welcome! I'm South African too! I thought I was one of the only ones that live here that knows about identity. Usually it's very rare to find South African servers, so I highly doubt we'll see any. It will probably be US, EU and Asia servers. I suggest South Africans play on Euro servers. 200 ping is not that bad.

Edited by SkinnierSteve

That's true, higher demand = higher chance we'll see SA servers. I live in Cape Town btw. And yeah, maybe someone in SA with enough money that knows about identity can rent a server for us South Africans, but yeah, hopefully the devs sees there is a demand for it, and surprise us.

Hey! Thanks for the welcome I've been following identity since they started the Kickstarter!

There's actually quiet a bit of us here in East London and Port Elizabeth that are following it and can't wait for the launch! Hopefully there will be many more of us so s sever could be opened by popular demand, unless as south Africans we raise funds every month to have a server hosted it should be to expensive.