So... We're about two months behind the "definite" release date of Town Square now. I'm not one to complain at this stuff as I understand game development can take longer than expected when you really want to perfect something. However, the Town Square is essentially a beta module, so really it doesn't need to be perfect before it can be released, that said I'm really looking forward to actually getting in to see what the game looks and feels like, and how the interactions work.   My biggest worry with Asylum right now, is not their failure to meet their own deadlines, but it's the complete lack of official communication. I've posted numerous times now that Asylum need to be more engaging with their community; there's nothing being released on their own official website about... well, anything. - The last announcement was April 20th. - The last dev-blog was a month ago. - The last stream was 3 days ago (quite recent, but before that, it was a month... and there's only 5 videos total on their YouTube channel). - The twitch account doesn't seem to have any real content aside from watching someone design a singular object with someone talking over it... and while it's cool to see some things being made by professionals, I really don't get why objects like this are still being made when the module is two months behind its definite release date... surely a deck-chair or lamp or whatever can wait. That's purely aesthetic extras which shouldn't be holding up development at all. - The last I heard was the TS module will be released when the new website goes live at the end of April / start of May, but still no website or any further update on that front.   So what gives? Why is there an absolute void between Asylum and their own community? Either I'm missing critical information channels here that are filling these voids, or there's a massive void where there should be a huge flow of information two months past their own deadline. It really shouldn't be too difficult with a Community Manager to simply put out a quick update article every week detailing what's happening, why there are delays, what the team is working on, where the game's direction is heading etc... you know, simply engage with your community. I used to have a huge presence in Halo 3's Forge on a community site called Forge Hub, and we released several article pieces weekly... it isn't that difficult, and the staff members back then did it all for free. One article every three months is NOT keeping a community informed, and currently a lot of this community aren't just community members, they've paid in advance for this game and need to be treated like customers... and you shouldn't be misinforming and keeping your customers in the dark.   EDIT:
This isn't a topic to discuss the deadline, or why development is slow... it is to discuss the lack of communication, and why the communications put out there are all scattered across several different media outlets, as opposed to being uniform and on their own website.