Kyleson

Realistic Fire/Terrain

If possible, I think the devs should make grass/terrain and fire as realistic as possible as demonstrated in this video

47 minutes ago, Kyleson said:

If possible, I think the devs should make grass/terrain and fire as realistic as possible as demonstrated in this video

I do not think it is a matter of it being possible or, not. It is a matter of cost and, resources needed to add it in the game. Then I must ask to you how important this is to you? What would you be willing to sacrifice to get this in the game?  I am just asking you all this to help you get a better out look on what you are really asking for. 

Edited by Xzothi
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Xzothi said:

I do not think it is a matter of it being possible or, not. It is a matter of cost and, resources needed to add it in the game. Then I must ask to you how important this is to you? What would you be willing to sacrifice to get this in the game?  I am just asking you all this to help you get a better out look on what you are really asking for. 

I'm simply suggesting that the developers should implement this into Identity if possible, whether physically possible or financially possible. If they don't add this into the game, it's not a deal-breaker for me. I just think that it would make Identity more realistic and more immersive, but if it's not possible for the team, physically or financially, then it's not a big deal to me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kyleson said:

I'm simply suggesting that the developers should implement this into Identity if possible, whether physically possible or financially possible. If they don't add this into the game, it's not a deal-breaker for me. I just think that it would make Identity more realistic and more immersive, but if it's not possible for the team, physically or financially, then it's not a big deal to me. 

Again I ask what would you be willing to sacrifice to get this in the game? What is realistic about this? One example I will give is.(I could give more but I will only list one for space.) Dry grass does not burn the same as wet grass. (When grass is green it is more wet brown grass is more dry. At least when it comes to the grass they are showing here.) 

Sure this person can get there demo product to run 60fps with nothing in it but what about with other textured and defined objects? What about with cars street and a city? How does it run when explosions are going on? What about with guns firing bullets not blue glowing stuff?

There is a lot that needs to be done when it comes to game design even when it comes to the network if the game is online.  

No feature is really free no resource is really free everything builds upon each other. 

From some of the stuff that has been said I have felt iffy on what time of tech they will use.  Just seems to be according to the answers and one of the recent streams they are trying to make it easy as possible to port it to a console if they end up choosing to do that.  To me having that option open like that limits what type of tech you may use in your game. 

You also can find a lot of nice looking tech to make the game look and be a bit more realistic, on youtube alone.

It should also be noted just because the a tech is from one graphics engine does not mean it wouldn't work in another. (Example take faceware tech you can find with unreal you can find it also in cryengine.) 

I will say it again I am not saying you shouldn't suggest anything but I am just don't want you or anyone to get disappointed about what tech they may end up using. To double think as well about what is being asked to be implemented when it comes to tech like above. 

Edited by Xzothi

@Xzothi People don't get how hard it is to make game mechanics come together, they often just think that it's the dev's duty to make it work, and you can't really blame them for that :)

Edited by Rinyuaru-Kun
  • Like 1

nah i would rather not have this it would make life for players with low end pcs hell since they want everyone to be able to play the game without getting and advantage over another player and since most of the map is wilderness i would rather have something less intense when it comes to grass and such then a ue4 tech demo that has worse fps then arma 3 

like for example take a game with like warthunder yea all those trees look nice but when u play as a plane is it really worth it to have all those trees down there like that thing is death for low end pcs if they fly low and thats a stupid decision but they have to have it just because eyecandy and because u can collide with trees  

I really hope ypu guys dont make most of the map wilderness, that would suck. Make it half city half wilderness. Focus more on citys though, robbing town people stealing from stores and running when caught if ur character is broke lol or just rob the register. Or run into a walmart and rob all 20 registers in the game if your good enough.

1 hour ago, NoneOf_YourBuisines said:

I really hope ypu guys dont make most of the map wilderness, that would suck. Make it half city half wilderness. Focus more on citys though, robbing town people stealing from stores and running when caught if ur character is broke lol or just rob the register. Or run into a walmart and rob all 20 registers in the game if your good enough.

.info-world.jpg

There will be three huge cities, but as you can see there is a lot of green. I would also like to see bigger and more cities. (Is was there concept art of how it would look. This could have changed.)

Edited by Villasenor
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Rinyuaru-Kun said:

@Xzothi People don't get how hard it is to make game mechanics come together, they often just think that it's the dev's duty to make it work, and you can't really blame them for that :)

True, making a game is by no means easy work. But this was just a suggestion, not a demand. This is something that I think should be considered later on in development or after the full release of the game. But on the other hand, if the resources just aren't there to make this possible, then it's not a big deal. :D 

3 hours ago, Kyleson said:

True, making a game is by no means easy work. But this was just a suggestion, not a demand. This is something that I think should be considered later on in development or after the full release of the game. But on the other hand, if the resources just aren't there to make this possible, then it's not a big deal. :D 

Of course suggestions can also be criticism. If you feel something can be done better discuss it with the community!