BobbyL

Increasing maximum jail time

As of now the developers have indicated that the maximum jail sentence is 45 real life minutes.  This to me is too short to seriously discourage trolls from ruining the realism of the game by randomly killing other players.  Since the real life penalty for murder or other major crimes is either life sentence or death there should be some more serious penalty in the game in order to discourage trolling and to increase the risk of committing major crimes.

In my opinion the penalty for murder should be at least 2-3 real life hours.  If the developers still insist on keeping it at 45 minutes, I suggest enabling private servers to adjust this time as a default setting or through mayor/government decision.

Edited by BobbyL

9 minutes ago, BobbyL said:

As of now the developers have indicated that the maximum jail sentence is 45 real life minutes.  This to me is too short to seriously discourage trolls from ruining the realism of the game by randomly killing other players.  Since the real life penalty for murder or other major crimes is either life sentence or death there should be some more serious penalty in the game in order to discourage trolling and to increase the risk of committing major crimes.

In my opinion the penalty for murder should be at least 2-3 real life hours.  If the developers still insist on keeping it at 45 minutes, I suggest enabling private servers to adjust this time as a default setting or through mayor/government decision.

I would say at least a minimum of 45 minutes to a maximum of 2 or 3 hours maybe? or Perhaps a "death sentence" is a point where you start over again so if you are trolling and that is what is identified then you will have to restart all over with your character so this way trolls would be found out and get tired of being restarted over and over :D. (also just realised without reading your second paragraph we both thought the same thing XD).

• Like 2

A Death sentence does sound like a good solution, although, I feel that would need to be decided by a trial, just to remove any trolls from inside the PD. Of course, they did say the 45 minute max time might be changed at a later date, but I personally feel as if 45 minutes is a good start. Its long enough for it to really inconvenience you, but not long enough to make you have to stop RP, and leave your PC on with Identity running while you're off at the Grocery store for 2-3 hours.

Although, custom servers may have the ability to lower/raise that timer.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Dimmies said:

A Death sentence does sound like a good solution, although, I feel that would need to be decided by a trial, just to remove any trolls from inside the PD. Of course, they did say the 45 minute max time might be changed at a later date, but I personally feel as if 45 minutes is a good start. Its long enough for it to really inconvenience you, but not long enough to make you have to stop RP, and leave your PC on with Identity running while you're off at the Grocery store for 2-3 hours.

Although, custom servers may have the ability to lower/raise that timer.

Yeah that sounds pretty good, unless you can (if your a judge) declare at court how long the sentence will be dependant on crimes and if your troll, or a report system where if someone is reported for too much killing (but reported as a troll not just for maybe a criminal who wants to mass kill) then they could get kicked for the troll reports? There should be a seperation or maybe a certain restriction to maybe mass killing will be counted as trolling? Either way I’m in a mafia gang so I’m good for handling trolls??

I believe they said there will be a way to report players! Since Official servers will be less moderated due to the amount of Official servers they will have, this seems like a great way to deal with that!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dimmies said:

I believe they said there will be a way to report players! Since Official servers will be less moderated due to the amount of Official servers they will have, this seems like a great way to deal with that!

Definitely a great way!

• Like 1

Hoping to be able to have jail guards, then I can presuade them to let me go if I do a job for them. xD

11 hours ago, KennyBatin17 said:

I would say at least a minimum of 45 minutes to a maximum of 2 or 3 hours maybe? or Perhaps a "death sentence" is a point where you start over again so if you are trolling and that is what is identified then you will have to restart all over with your character so this way trolls would be found out and get tired of being restarted over and over :D. (also just realised without reading your second paragraph we both thought the same thing XD).

I agree with this but if they also go to court again for trolling, and he's found guilty, then the next one should be a ban. If it happens in the same month.

18 hours ago, Dimmies said:

I hope the low moderation on Official servers isn't a problem for very long once the game comes out, I feel like that would discourage people from playing on those servers, which would suck for the people who do... I feel like they would need to create a network of trusted people to become mods/admins so that many of the Official servers can get the moderation it needs to give a good PR image.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, BobbyL said:

They said 45 minutes right now but it may change with testing and so it likely won't stay at 45 minutes depending on testing with getting the most enjoyable length of time.

45 minutes is actually due to testing anyways.

5 hours ago, NanoSpace said:

I hope the low moderation on Official servers isn't a problem for very long once the game comes out, I feel like that would discourage people from playing on those servers, which would suck for the people who do... I feel like they would need to create a network of trusted people to become mods/admins so that many of the Official servers can get the moderation it needs to give a good PR image.

I dont think the lack of moderation will be a giant issue for official servers, if it does become an issue, im sure these guys will sort it out and make it work. Theres also private servers! A lot of people are excited for this game, I've seen quite a few people already say they plan on starting private servers, private servers always have more moderation and volunteers compared to official servers, would be great to look into those. 

• Like 1