NanoSpace

Nintendo Switch?

Was curious what people thought of a Switch version of Identity? The Switch is optimized for the engine that Identity is being built in and it would be mind blowing to have a game like this on the go. What do you guys think?

33 minutes ago, NanoSpace said:

Was curious what people thought of a Switch version of Identity? The Switch is optimized for the engine that Identity is being built in and it would be mind blowing to have a game like this on the go. What do you guys think?

It is a console and Identity won't likely make it to such things but also Identity will be too big in size likely to be even able to fit on that.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

It is a console and Identity won't likely make it to such things but also Identity will be too big in size likely to be even able to fit on that.

I believe that the devs have said in the past that they would consider doing consoles, but it would be after launch, which is what Beach told me they said and memory isn't a problem since the Switch supports micro sd cards up to 1tb. 

10 minutes ago, NanoSpace said:

I believe that the devs have said in the past that they would consider doing consoles, but it would be after launch, which is what Beach told me they said and memory isn't a problem since the Switch supports micro sd cards up to 1tb. 

Well true indeed and that being said, they will not promise to release to consoles but only promise to look into them after the full release.

(I personally don't think it will work but we will wait and have to see!)

I really cant see this sort of game coming to the switch. When i think of a game coming on the switch, i see it where people take their game on the go. I can't see that with identity especially for a mmo. Plus a game like this requires interaction, with no text based chat. We all know that Nintendo is up to par with voice chat....

Identity will probably be hard to run on even decent PC's, I am sure it would never be able to run on a switch.

13 minutes ago, Dominic_ said:

Identity will probably be hard to run on even decent PC's, I am sure it would never be able to run on a switch.

Its runs fine on medium build PC's that can run GTA V and such. The Switch has Skyrim SE and Doom running on it, I think with some optimization it could possibly be playable

17 minutes ago, PrinceChawmin said:

I really cant see this sort of game coming to the switch. When i think of a game coming on the switch, i see it where people take their game on the go. I can't see that with identity especially for a mmo. Plus a game like this requires interaction, with no text based chat. We all know that Nintendo is up to par with voice chat....

While that is very much true, this won't, if it does happen, be for a few years if not more, hopefully Nintendo can fix up those problems but I can see how if they aren't that it won't come anywhere near the Switch

Edited by NanoSpace

6 minutes ago, NanoSpace said:

Its runs fine on medium build PC's that can run GTA V and such. The Switch has Skyrim SE and Doom running on it, I think with some optimization it could possibly be playable

Last I remember they said Identity would be quite hard to run, but you have to remember that these big games Switch has are mainly single player games, the only large-scale MMO's these types of console have are very small and easy to run, usually only for switch as they are built for them and not for PC.

7 minutes ago, NanoSpace said:

That is right now, it does fine but the game is no where finished as we have 3 modules and the beta before the full game release. So really we have no clue if medium build PC's will run the full game.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

That is right now, it does fine but the game is no where finished as we have 3 modules and the beta before the full game release. So really we have no clue if medium build PC's will run the full game.

Then I guess I just gotta cross my fingers that they do good on optimization because my PC build is of medium quality?

myself and a hell of a lot of other people are pretty sure it'll only be on PC, unless asylum entertainment can somehow get millions of dollars and the best publishers ( who aren't greedy robbing bastards )  as well as access to the technology required i think it's highly unlikely to happen INB4 every other fanboy responds giving me their opinion saying they think it will happen despite plenty of evidence already present

LOL is this a legit question ??? first off switch cant handel ue4 2nd u cant use mics unless u download nitendos stupid app for phones 3rd its nintendo the game is too heavy on drugs and violence also its a family console when was the last time something like gta v sold on a nintendo system 

In the last Dev stream, Motown confirmed they will not be heading the the Switch direction, portable Identity may sound great, but will have a lot of issues

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dimmies said:

In the last Dev stream, Motown confirmed they will not be heading the the Switch direction, portable Identity may sound great, but will have a lot of issues

Yeah, watched it as well, was a pipe dream anyway, but hopefully technology catches up to my dreams, hehe.

2 hours ago, Shwado said:

LOL is this a legit question ??? first off switch cant handel ue4 2nd u cant use mics unless u download nitendos stupid app for phones 3rd its nintendo the game is too heavy on drugs and violence also its a family console when was the last time something like gta v sold on a nintendo system 

Also, the Nintendo Switch can run Unreal Engine 4, the main problem with this is because the switch doesn't have the ram or gpu power to run a game like Identity, but mobile technology has come a long way in such a short time, hopefully that trend continues. Also, as for the "family friendly" comment, games like L.A. Noire and DOOM as well as Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus are coming to the Switch, honestly Nintendo are trying to appeal to a more mature audience and hopefully they can continue to work on their image.

rly wow they didnt bail on it like they did with the wii u someone give em a slow ass clap but honestly if u want a console to play everygame on its gonna have to be either xbone or pisspoor and if u want to rly play everygame then thats the pc since nintendo doesnt rly care about gpu power and such which is good i guess since they make good games but it gives 3rd party devs trouble also y i dont think southpark got released on the switch