Dominic_

Let's try and promote Identity through the Reddit page

Reddit is one of the most popular sites out there, and no doubt a lot of people who think about pledging to Identity could be a bit scared as it is an "early access" game at the moment, and many have had bad experiences with them.  It seems however if people check the identity page on Reddit, just scrolling down there is mainly post after post about people claiming this game is a scam, and it will never come out, which could harm the game's reputation and make people not pledge, which is only hurting the Dev's and their resources to make the game come out as polished, and fast as possible.     I, along with most of us who go on this forum here regularly, whether to just lurk and read (like me) or to ask questions about Identity honestly believe this game is 100%, not a scam, or "another DayZ" or No Mans Sky.  With the release date coming out, all the dev streams, all the contact we have had with the devs, it seems like a lot of hard work has gone into this game, and it is such a shame seeing its reputation ruined by people who probably have not even bothered trying to message the devs on the website to ask.  In the past week, it has gotten a lot better due to the devs being really good and giving us a lot of information, and even an office tour (link below).  So, as a community, why don't we try and clean up the Sub-Reddit, and make it a much more pro-Identity place than the mess it really is at the moment.  The Reddit's link is https://www.reddit.com/r/IdentityMMO/       

I'm sure if we show the positivity of the community, people will be much more willing to help out the devs and the game will grow a lot more, so there is a larger, thriving community for when Town Square comes out.  Reddit is such a large site that many people may check there to see about the game before even checking the actual forums on the website so we need to make sure it isn't filled with just negative comments about the game and is more like what these forums are like.  I have started by making a post trying to put out the facts to convince people the game isn't a scam at; 

Identity Team Office Tour Video:  https://t.co/Nq4zb7OxIO

• Like 2

At this point it would probably be incredibly hard to insert ourselves into a reddit like that, especially with that much hate towards the game. It would probably be better if we were to create our own sub reddit. Also, while the Office Tour video does show that they have an office, it doesn't necessarily show off the game, it can be used as an argument for it not being a scam, but because most people are usually cynics on the internet, you should probably add a bit more examples with it :D 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NanoSpace said:

At this point it would probably be incredibly hard to insert ourselves into a reddit like that, especially with that much hate towards the game. It would probably be better if we were to create our own sub reddit. Also, while the Office Tour video does show that they have an office, it doesn't necessarily show off the game, it can be used as an argument for it not being a scam, but because most people are usually cynics on the internet, you should probably add a bit more examples with it :D 

When I made it, I thought that that fact they bought an office with all this equipment would perhaps be proof it wasn't a scam, but I get your point :)
As to making a new subreddit,  the current ones have 1k+ Subs, and some people may judge how big the game is off the subscribers to the Sub-Reddit.  It may be a good idea, however!  It would be up to the devs to make a new one, as they are of course the ones who have to be in charge. 

This is what's been pissing me off. I literally sent more than 20 ppl to check out Identity. 3 of them pledged OUT OF 20+ ppl. Everyone I asked, why they didn't pledge. Responded the same, has too many scam posts or taking too long and they will wait to see what happens before pledging to make sure it's not another No Man's Sky...THAT really irks me.  

I getting sick of being told by kids that I'm bragging because of what I say I put into this game. That's the way a KID thinks, I said what I put invested into getting Identity to compare to the people if people like me, who understand what it takes to make something from nothing. Can be patient with the developers and give them time to make one of the most ambitious games in gaming history. Yes, I belive Identity will revolutionize gaming.

Then the posers that just want a cheap game, not to help development, can wait like everyone else without actually deterring people from the project. With help like that who needs enemies or your $15 or $30 if your gonna whine about it.  Damn right I'm goin to be pissed my hard work is being sabotaged by so called "pledgers". Some posers trying to save a buck on an awesome game. These people shoulda waited for PRE-ORDER, NOT pre development and early access. I really feel they are doin more harm than good. 

But I know,  I am a horrible person. Because how dare I get pissed off, they don't get mad they get annoyingly condescending and try to act like they are the voice of reason and they never get even slightly upset. One thing I hate about the internet is it gives these KIDS internet muscles and they talk like they would never talk in your face. Anonymity makes people brave. I paid my dues...I'll be damned if some kid my son would smack is gonna give me shit. Especially because they have a right to whine because they are unreasonable. Takes em forever to do their chores but dont make a game in a week and they wanna crucify you. They win I'm done with these forums it become too much measuring and condescending.  Hope the game makes it. I'll see you in game if it does.

Edited by JohnNYBlaze
  • Like 1

Here is a little insider we already got as a sneak peek last week

22549750_811616035667122_803518074658546

(Was given last week as a sneak peek.)

• Like 2

Great initiative! It'll be easy to drown out the haters on the reddit when everybody on the forum is active on the reddit too. 

5 hours ago, JohnNYBlaze said:

This is what's been pissing me off. I literally sent more than 20 ppl to check out Identity. 3 of them pledged OUT OF 20+ ppl. Everyone I asked, why they didn't pledge. Responded the same, has too many scam posts or taking too long and they will wait to see what happens before pledging to make sure it's not another No Man's Sky...THAT really irks me.  

I getting sick of being told by kids that I'm bragging because of what I say I put into this game. That's the way a KID thinks, I said what I put invested into getting Identity to compare to the people if people like me, who understand what it takes to make something from nothing. Can be patient with the developers and give them time to make one of the most ambitious games in gaming history. Yes, I belive Identity will revolutionize gaming.

Then the posers that just want a cheap game, not to help development, can wait like everyone else without actually deterring people from the project. With help like that who needs enemies or your $15 or $30 if your gonna whine about it.  Damn right I'm goin to be pissed my hard work is being sabotaged by so called "pledgers". Some posers trying to save a buck on an awesome game. These people shoulda waited for PRE-ORDER, NOT pre development and early access. I really feel they are doin more harm than good. 

But I know,  I am a horrible person. Because how dare I get pissed off, they don't get mad they get annoyingly condescending and try to act like they are the voice of reason and they never get even slightly upset. One thing I hate about the internet is it gives these KIDS internet muscles and they talk like they would never talk in your face. Anonymity makes people brave. I paid my dues...I'll be damned if some kid my son would smack is gonna give me shit. Especially because they have a right to whine because they are unreasonable. Takes em forever to do their chores but dont make a game in a week and they wanna crucify you. They win I'm done with these forums it become too much measuring and condescending.  Hope the game makes it. I'll see you in game if it does.

Personally, I think this forum is pretty nice.  The majority of people are very supportive and nice, and really helpful :)

However, I understand what you are saying, especially about other forums such as Reddit, which is why I made the post as its something that really does need change.

• Like 1