NickR

Waste Management

If i created a company like Waste Management who would join and what job would you want to have

Jobs

Trash Truck Driver

Maintnance

COO

CFO

Fleet Manager

Landfill center manager

Please respond if you think this is a good idea.

• Like 1

I remember asking this a while ago, I was curious to see if they were thinking of adding like trash piles and litter; but I believe the general consensus was "No". If they did add such a thing, certainly would add to the game even if in a minor capacity, but it's isn't a necessity big enough for them to include it in the game... unless they've very recently changed their minds about the subject. Sorry! I like your idea though.

• Like 1

Love the idea! Brings a lot of immersion into the game, but I do agree with @Valtorix it does seem like something that IF they did decide to add it, I feel it would be at a way later date, maybe even after the official launch.

Now - Some games RP is all about imagination as well, so depending on what types of vehicles they plan to add in the vehicle module, you might be able to run your Waste Management company just fine, minus the actual interaction of course.

Great idea nonetheless!

• Like 1

R.I.P I really liked this idea...

I don't think having rubbish as an item after eating something for example is too much to ask. Then it would be illegal not to put it in a bag which is an item you can put other items in (like a handbag). Then you can put the rubbish bag item in the trunk of a car (rubbish lorry) and take it somewhere to destroy it like an incinerator meaning it wouldn't lag the game with tons of rubbish it would just be rid of.

That's how I thought it'd work and I still stick by that (seeing as I kinda want to be a rubbish man after seeing this post :I)

Edited by lukemac
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, lukemac said:

R.I.P I really liked this idea...

I don't think having rubbish as an item after eating something for example is too much to ask. Then it would be illegal not to put it in a bag which is an item you can put other items in (like a handbag). Then you can put the rubbish bag item in the trunk of a car (rubbish lorry) and take it somewhere to destroy it like an incinerator meaning it wouldn't lag the game with tons of rubbish it would just be rid of.

That's how I thought it'd work and I still stick by that (seeing as I kinda want to be a rubbish man after seeing this post :I)

I'm going to put it into the ideas and suggestions hopefully the devs will add it into the game if its not already into the game.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, NickR said:

I'm going to put it into the ideas and suggestions hopefully the devs will add it into the game if its not already into the game.

Yeh! The game still has a bit to go and no doubt they will look to the community for lots of new suggestions of what they want.  Your idea seems really cool :) 

Edited by Dominic_
  • Like 1

On 25/10/2017 at 0:07 AM, Valtorix said:

I remember asking this a while ago, I was curious to see if they were thinking of adding like trash piles and litter; but I believe the general consensus was "No". If they did add such a thing, certainly would add to the game even if in a minor capacity, but it's isn't a necessity big enough for them to include it in the game... unless they've very recently changed their minds about the subject. Sorry! I like your idea though.

I think that is basically what might happen for a lot of job ideas people have come up with, but obviously, it's not the devs fault as they can't add everything.  Still they're doing an amazing job so far in my opinion :D 

2 hours ago, Dominic_ said:

I think that is basically what might happen for a lot of job ideas people have come up with, but obviously, it's not the devs fault as they can't add everything.  Still they're doing an amazing job so far in my opinion :D 

Obviously of course; I was just saying that it isn't something that'll be added as far as we've been informed at this point. I still think it's a good idea, but not something many would really want to cater to; plus we can't forget that sort of performance impact that'll have if they introduce rubbish for garbagemen you know?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Valtorix said:

Obviously of course; I was just saying that it isn't something that'll be added as far as we've been informed at this point. I still think it's a good idea, but not something many would really want to cater to; plus we can't forget that sort of performance impact that'll have if they introduce rubbish for garbagemen you know?

Yeh I totally agree :)  

• Like 1

To quote something I said in a different post:

'In turn this is a simple system but can affect a city greatly.

Incentive to do this would be:

. Not having a dirty ass house or apartment

. Less cockroaches (kind of a joke here but lol why not)

. Roleplay (creates a working city that seems alive from the minute you spawn)

. A clean city is a more idyllic city.

Of course I can see why this job isn't an immediate job to work on regarding development but after launch it would definitely be something to consider.'

• Like 1