iiMStevo

Cinema Copyright

Question

How does the copyright work in the Cinema? I don't know much about copyright, but at least in the UK, if you're broadcasting to a wider audience, you need a special broadcast licence (that's why when you got to the pub, you'll see a little pint glass in the bottom right corner of the screen, to state it's a special broadcast suitable for public houses).

• Like 1

19 answers to this question

Well if your thinking your gonna watch movies like captain america civil war then that won't be happening. They'll be playing old movies.

14 hours ago, PrinceChawmin said:

Well if your thinking your gonna watch movies like captain america civil war then that won't be happening. They'll be playing old movies.

Is there a list of what movies will be accessible to watch in the cinema?

It does state you'll be watching real movies, in real-time.

21 minutes ago, iiMStevo said:

Is there a list of what movies will be accessible to watch in the cinema?

It does state you'll be watching real movies, in real-time.

The movies are on the public domain and that is either it has expired on copy right after so many years of the owner's death or after 70 years from being launched etc.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:

The movies are on the public domain and that is either it has expired on copy right after so many years of the owner's death or after 70 years from being launched etc.

...so these are movies that no one will be watching then?

30 minutes ago, iiMStevo said:

Well they will be on the public domain, they could add others depending on what is allowed by them but nothing majorly new.

1 hour ago, iiMStevo said:

I personally ADORE old movies. Especially black and white ones as do many of my friends.

Don't be so quick to assume! Lots of people will be visiting the cinema! :)

57 minutes ago, BrianHamilton said:

I personally ADORE old movies. Especially black and white ones as do many of my friends.

Don't be so quick to assume! Lots of people will be visiting the cinema! :)

Let me just update you; 

"no one" is an exaggeration of how minimal the population of the game's players will be watching the movies in the cinema.

Edited by iiMStevo

44 minutes ago, iiMStevo said:

Let me just update you; 

"no one" is an exaggeration of how minimal the population of the game's players will be watching the movies in the cinema.

You don’t need to educate me on English and phrases, I’m well aware of what you meant and my response is still “Don’t be so quick to assume! Lots of people will be visiting the cinema!”

3 hours ago, BrianHamilton said:

You don’t need to educate me on English and phrases, I’m well aware of what you meant and my response is still “Don’t be so quick to assume! Lots of people will be visiting the cinema!”

Not me. xD Can't handle old movies. Well, I might. Depends

• Like 1

On 10/17/2017 at 6:52 PM, acenewton1 said:

Not me. xD Can't handle old movies. Well, I might. Depends

Just because YOU might not like older movies, that does not mean that NO ONE else will either. There wouldn't be a business of making old movies to DVD if it was based off your thoughts on the matter. I personally associate movies and music with different times in my life. So I'd love to watch old movies.

20 hours ago, JohnNYBlaze said:

Just because YOU might not like older movies, that does not mean that NO ONE else will either. There wouldn't be a business of making old movies to DVD if it was based off your thoughts on the matter. I personally associate movies and music with different times in my life. So I'd love to watch old movies.

That's exactly why they said "Can't handle old movies" instead of "old movies suck ass" like an average Internet dweller would have said :)

Appreciate the attention, @acenewton1 ;)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Rinyuaru-Kun said:

That's exactly why they said "Can't handle old movies" instead of "old movies suck ass" like an average Internet dweller would have said :)

Appreciate the attention, @acenewton1 ;)

I realize that he was speaking for himself, I was goin off the post he quoted like he was trying to give the statement reinforcment. That there ARE a lot of ppl that won't watch older movies. Hold on a tick...wtf...why are you...are you his lawyer or something?

6 hours ago, JohnNYBlaze said:

I realize that he was speaking for himself, I was goin off the post he quoted like he was trying to give the statement reinforcment. That there ARE a lot of ppl that won't watch older movies. Hold on a tick...wtf...why are you...are you his lawyer or something?

I'm not their lawyer, I'm only saying that you shouldn't take offence for a sentence that wasn't meant to be general.

"Just because YOU might not like older movies, that does not mean that NO ONE else will either."

I might be wrong, but you seemed to understand it quite wrong, since their point was that they wouldn't visit the cinema, and not that nobody would.

That aside, I'm not sure why you reacted this way... Just because two people share the same opinion, or just because one defends another one's point of view doesn't mean they're united against you, as a lawyer would be.

5 hours ago, acenewton1 said:

Ooo... This is getting interesting. My my, keep this up!

As for you, I'm not sure if wether it's interesting or not is part of the question, but that's not something I am going to take into account :)

Lol I believe when the one guy said NO ONE will watch old movies. Another said don't assume that, cause they will watch them. The guy i quoted, said not me. Which was inclusing him in the conversation already goin and him saying not him, meaning he won't be watching old movies either, or he might. That's what I'm talking about.

2nd I've noticed you goin and replying to anything I responded to. If they don't like what I say they are more than welcome to tell me as much. What i mean by are you their lawyer...is you ain't involved in this conversation, coming out of nowhere and jumpin to his defense because your stereo-typing what I say and saying its aggressive and virulent...yet I'm just replying to post that rub me the wrong way because of people assuming shit. You are looking for my posts to be aggressive, and attack me and anything I'ev said of late...listen dude I invested alot in this game. I really don't want to see it go down because of ppl's ignorance of how games are actually made by small dev teams.

I'm a console player, all my life, but I'm older and now on pc. Being on pc for less than a year and even I see how much different making games for PC and what they are up against. Just cause I have alot to say doesn't mean I'm whatever you seem to think. I'm not dissing anyone...callin them idiots or aggressive or virulent....lol i gotta a giggle out of virulent. Really? How am I being toxic or venomously hostile. It seems your being virulent to me searching for my posts and passing your judgements. Not defending the game or your point. Try practicing what you preach bro

5 hours ago, JohnNYBlaze said:

Lol I believe when the one guy said NO ONE will watch old movies. Another said don't assume that, cause they will watch them. The guy i quoted, said not me. Which was inclusing him in the conversation already goin and him saying not him, meaning he won't be watching old movies either, or he might. That's what I'm talking about.

2nd I've noticed you goin and replying to anything I responded to. If they don't like what I say they are more than welcome to tell me as much. What i mean by are you their lawyer...is you ain't involved in this conversation, coming out of nowhere and jumpin to his defense because your stereo-typing what I say and saying its aggressive and virulent...yet I'm just replying to post that rub me the wrong way because of people assuming shit. You are looking for my posts to be aggressive, and attack me and anything I'ev said of late...listen dude I invested alot in this game. I really don't want to see it go down because of ppl's ignorance of how games are actually made by small dev teams.

I'm a console player, all my life, but I'm older and now on pc. Being on pc for less than a year and even I see how much different making games for PC and what they are up against. Just cause I have alot to say doesn't mean I'm whatever you seem to think. I'm not dissing anyone...callin them idiots or aggressive or virulent....lol i gotta a giggle out of virulent. Really? How am I being toxic or venomously hostile. It seems your being virulent to me searching for my posts and passing your judgements. Not defending the game or your point. Try practicing what you preach bro

Just stay as you are, it's entertaining to see your posts in the end :)

And just because someone isn't "included" in the conversation certainly doesn't mean they can't speak their mind out! Well at least that's what topics are for ;)

Yea generally it's when u wanna ADD your  opinion and not tear into someone for trying to help ppl understand. Unfortunately you can't just tell ppl they are wrong, it tends to trigger an attack response. So I explain myself. I'm 39 so I don't intend on changing. But I'm still learning stuff everyday.

Edited by JohnNYBlaze

2 hours ago, JohnNYBlaze said:

Yea generally it's when u wanna ADD your  opinion and not tear into someone for trying to help ppl understand. Unfortunately you can't just tell ppl they are wrong, it tends to trigger an attack response. So I explain myself. I'm 39 so I don't intend on changing. But I'm still learning stuff everyday.

I might only be 18, but I know that, when I have the same opinion as someone, there isn't anything wrong in supporting them in a debate. That actually is what democracy is based on.

If they let us use youtube in the cinema (not like I would expect it) that could MAYBE appease the people; not like I see this being an issue. Another thing to note is that there are some decent ameteur short films on YT. Or just give us access to a full browser and let us stream it ourselves xD